Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 13 March 2014, 01:27   #21
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: San Diego
Make: zodiac futura mk2
Length: 4m +
Engine: Nissan 40 plus
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 264
Sit down hydrofoiling... soooo much fun and an easy start at a lower speed. I wake roll behind the inflatable. But only have a pic behind a ski boat. Alas.

The Futura has an aluminum floor. It is easy to access the hollow spaces. I put in an aluminum plate that crosses the floor. It bolts into small plates that fit in the hollow sections. The side caps fit over the open floor edge shown. The small plates effectively key into the rails that give the floor rigidity. I have my seats, my console, my aluminum tank and my battery attached to the boat using this method. Takes a beating and stays where it should.

I only use the sliders and rail system that comes on the Futura floor sections to hold down gear.

The pole comes right out with three quick release pins. But the plate and footing stay in place.

My transom was totally reglued years ago. Towing hasn't hurt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shortpole1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	92107   Click image for larger version

Name:	shortpole2.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	92108   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5467.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	92109   Click image for larger version

Name:	floorplate1.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	92110  
__________________

__________________
kelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2014, 11:38   #22
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,653
Ah. 3 bolt-on fittings. Nice little setup.

Thanks;

jky
__________________

__________________
jyasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2014, 12:57   #23
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: 'Mojo'
Make: Searider
Length: 4m +
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 398
Just been reading this thread.


Then this gets emailed to me.


Seems a little expensive, but covers a few angles?

Zup Watersports Board | 299.95, Boatworld UK | Water Sports Equipment | Boatworld the UKs best watersports equipment website
__________________
Wibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2014, 14:15   #24
Member
 
Landlockedpirate's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: St Helens
Boat name: Wine Down
Make: Maxum
Length: 8m +
Engine: Inboard
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
Just been reading this thread.


Then this gets emailed to me.


Seems a little expensive, but covers a few angles?

Zup Watersports Board | 299.95, Boatworld UK | Water Sports Equipment | Boatworld the UKs best watersports equipment website
Yep. looks like a bit of fun.

Not sure that its really " taking watersports in a whole new direction!", we have been " lay, kneel, stand, surf, rest, ride backwards" on standard kneeboards since the 80's.
__________________
Landlockedpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2014, 16:31   #25
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Essex
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: 30hp
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelson View Post
Sit down hydrofoiling... soooo much fun and an easy start at a lower speed. I wake roll behind the inflatable. But only have a pic behind a ski boat. Alas.

The Futura has an aluminum floor. It is easy to access the hollow spaces. I put in an aluminum plate that crosses the floor. It bolts into small plates that fit in the hollow sections. The side caps fit over the open floor edge shown. The small plates effectively key into the rails that give the floor rigidity. I have my seats, my console, my aluminum tank and my battery attached to the boat using this method. Takes a beating and stays where it should.

I only use the sliders and rail system that comes on the Futura floor sections to hold down gear.

The pole comes right out with three quick release pins. But the plate and footing stay in place.

My transom was totally reglued years ago. Towing hasn't hurt.
Great pics, thanks. Can't believe you landed that sideways one! Just need water to warm up a bit to stick the kids in now. Did read somewhere about putting a high vis helmet on kids so when they fall in they can be spotted by others. That is my only concern. Not sure where I would get a high vis helmet?
__________________
The Bass Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2014, 16:43   #26
Member
 
Pottsy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - N Ireland
Make: Valiant 520
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 80 EFI
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 53
Bass Stalker
I had a yam360 wiyh a 20hp on back.
Used it with kids in a ringo and kneeboard. They loved it. I could tow two in the ringo no probs. Also it would pull me 15stone and a bit on the knee board. Albeit it took a while to get up but that was due more to my lack of skill.

I would go with ringo first as you can get a couple of kids going together which they like.

Cheers pottsy
__________________
Pottsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2014, 16:59   #27
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Essex
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: 30hp
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsy View Post
Bass Stalker
I had a yam360 wiyh a 20hp on back.
Used it with kids in a ringo and kneeboard. They loved it. I could tow two in the ringo no probs. Also it would pull me 15stone and a bit on the knee board. Albeit it took a while to get up but that was due more to my lack of skill.

I would go with ringo first as you can get a couple of kids going together which they like.

Cheers pottsy
Really getting excited about this now. Do you need to be able to tip them out or is just skimming around good fun. Assume its pretty hard to flip them out.

Is one of the knee boards with the hook on the front good, or just a gymic?
__________________
The Bass Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2014, 17:04   #28
Member
 
Pottsy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - N Ireland
Make: Valiant 520
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 80 EFI
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 53
Knee board with hook very good. I had both. Kids find it much easier with hook as they dont have to take the strain as they are getting up on plane.

Yes can be hard to tip them out if they have their ass in bottom of ring. But if lying on top then you can gently flip them. My kids always wanted to be flipped out but you got to do it carefully not full on.
__________________

__________________
Pottsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.