Old 08 July 2009, 15:17   #1

Town: Cork
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki 140hp
Stingray Marine

Have searched the forum, no results.

Has anyone any knowledge, experience or comments on inflatables from Stingray Marine in S.A., in particular this model http://www.stingraymarine.com/?Task=...SE+INFLATABLE?

Interested in views on inflatables with highjackers.

Reason for asking; one has come up for sale with a Tohatsu 40hp 2 stroke, and I am looking for an inflatable to replace a RIB, so I can stay on the water!

Thanks in advance,

Mark.
Old 09 July 2009, 11:44   #2

Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream View Post
Have searched the forum, no results.

Has anyone any knowledge, experience or comments on inflatables from Stingray Marine in S.A., in particular this model http://www.stingraymarine.com/?Task=...SE+INFLATABLE?

Interested in views on inflatables with highjackers.

Reason for asking; one has come up for sale with a Tohatsu 40hp 2 stroke, and I am looking for an inflatable to replace a RIB, so I can stay on the water!

Thanks in advance,

Mark.
Dopn t know nothing about them ,but looks well nice, nice a wide,,,,,,,,,,i like the bow bag ,looks neat ,please excuse my ignorance but what is a HIGHJACKER...............NOT THE ONE,S high jacking planes,either,lol
Old 09 July 2009, 13:39   #3

Town: Ottawa
Make: Zodiac MKII FR
Length: 4m +
Engine: 25HP Mercury 2-Strok
I think it refers to what Zodiac owners call speed-tubes (the small-diameter pontoons on the bottom).
Old 09 July 2009, 14:22   #4

Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40hp 2 str
I have seen a Stringray RIB with a fiberglass catamaran hull. It seemed to be well put together. Highjackers are similar to zodiac's speed tubes, but much larger, and are used without a central V-keel to create a tunnell hull. This makes for a much faster, better handling boat over conventional SIBs. These SIB designs did originated from South Africa.

If you search "cat hull", "cat-hull", "tunnel hull", "Ceasar surfcat", "Gemini Surf", or "Gemini Dive" you should come across alot of threads on these types of boats.

Here is a link to a search of " cat hull"

http://rib.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1342745
Old 09 July 2009, 19:12   #5

Town: Rhode Island
Make: avon
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90hp merc
A while back i was looking at buying one of there boats, I looked everywhere and couldnt find out any info about them. I had a chance to buy their tunnel hull inflatable boat for what I thought was a great price but was worried about the lack of info about them. Look up my other posts, I berlieve i asked the same question on here befopre and got a little info. found out they make some very nice comercial boats but was still a bit worried. looking back now i wish i had bought the boat but because it was not hypalon I decided against it, good luck