Old 10 August 2010, 19:59   #11

Boat name: Pisces
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
My 4.7 Zodiac with 30Hp 2St gives 50km/hr odd with 5 gallons of fuel, 170kg odd for us two, and a load of fishing gear, heavy console, battery, seating etc. etc.

I've often wondered what kind of speed it would do without all the loading, but it can't be far away from 60km/hr.

http://www.vimeo.com/2701620
Sharkbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2010, 12:32   #12

Town: newtownabbey
Length: no boat
speed

Thanks a lot for the feedback.I have borrowed a handheld GPS so hopefully will do a few trials this weekend.Thanks Again

mark

Old 12 August 2010, 18:18   #13

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider Boats
Engine: Tohatsu 18 /30 HP
Some mis concept issues:

My 380 sib with 18 tootsie only weights 120 KG, tested on extreme nice water conditions, 2 mates weighted 120 Kg (60 each) 10 kilos for 3 gal gasoline making 250 Kg total The test was made in a rowing field 1.5 Km long at sea, the drivers were jockey sitting inside middle deck, seems speed is increased a bit over sitting on top tubes and also betters lower center of gravity. Sibbing alone at wot with same conditions get close to 40 Km/Hr and I'm not a feather champ.

Ribs are much faster than sibs, other issue when speeding in a sib or rib you will have at least 1/3 sib out of water, much less drag to move. Running at 30 or 40 Km/Hr over things might get you into trouble, so sib safe. Usually running at 3/4 throttle, that is 30 Km/Hr as don't work for a oil Company.

Best final speed is directly related to water conditions, wind, currents, sib weight, balance and proper engine tuneup & mount. My final bet would be around 55 Km/Hr in best opt conditions.

Happy Boating
Old 12 August 2010, 18:27   #14

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider Boats
Engine: Tohatsu 18 /30 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark mckee View Post
Thanks a lot for the feedback.I have borrowed a handheld GPS so hopefully will do a few trials this weekend.Thanks Again

mark
Mark, test your configuration at wot, 470 tubes & keel must be well inflated and sib correctly balanced, test with you alone and with 1 more mate of normal weight and let us know you final speed obtained in these 2 conditions were as there is a speed bet on you.

Happy Sibbing