Old 04 June 2017, 18:52   #21

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
im off to arisaig next weekend .staying at invercaimbe back of kipoch for a week and I'm thinking of a pontoon mooring for the week at either malaig or arisaig any thoughts on what might be best
Old 04 June 2017, 19:25   #22

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
im off to arisaig next weekend .staying at invercaimbe back of kipoch for a week and I'm thinking of a pontoon mooring for the week at either malaig or arisaig any thoughts on what might be best
Malaig is the best way to go if you have a choice for a R.I.B....Arisaig Harbour last time I was there was moorings only... so you'll need a Tender,although they lent us one a couple years back.
The Harbour at Malaig is accessible all states for launch and recovery and the smart new Pontoons don't dry out!..makes life a lot easier...Just watch out for the Seals who are VERY "forward"
Cheap rates with facilities and a most helpful Harbourmaster

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 June 2017, 20:21   #23

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
Yea but where else in the world could you get an experience like it!!
Certantly stunning Billy great fun if your carefull
Old 05 June 2017, 18:46   #24

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Malaig is the best way to go if you have a choice for a R.I.B....Arisaig Harbour last time I was there was moorings only... so you'll need a Tender,although they lent us one a couple years back.
The Harbour at Malaig is accessible all states for launch and recovery and the smart new Pontoons don't dry out!..makes life a lot easier...Just watch out for the Seals who are VERY "forward"
Cheap rates with facilities and a most helpful Harbourmaster
cheers I had looked at malaig and thought the parking was a nightmare and its probably 10 miles or so by sea to the area where I'm staying (meeting up with other folk who are beach launching from invercaimbe) and was hoping arisaig would be a go,er but ill take on board your advice and get a pontoon mooring at malaig and maybe get dropped off and picked up by car each day. thanks for your input and fingers crossed the weather forcast picks up
Old 05 June 2017, 20:08   #25

Town: Stirling
Boat name: The Gurnard
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: mariner 25hp 2s
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
cheers I had looked at malaig and thought the parking was a nightmare and its probably 10 miles or so by sea to the area where I'm staying (meeting up with other folk who are beach launching from invercaimbe) and was hoping arisaig would be a go,er but ill take on board your advice and get a pontoon mooring at malaig and maybe get dropped off and picked up by car each day. thanks for your input and fingers crossed the weather forcast picks up

The long stay carpark in Mallaig is murder Beerbelly ...folks dump cars then get the Ferry to the small isles etc. However its not to bad for parking round the back ..pass the slipway ..then the entrance to the pontoons..and you can more often than not .. get parked just a bit futher along. Its only a couple minutes walk back to the pontoon entrance from there

Parking at Arisaig is far harder..especially in the Marina..they like to keep parking spaces for folks using their tour boats
Old 06 June 2017, 08:52   #26

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gurnard View Post
The long stay carpark in Mallaig is murder Beerbelly ...folks dump cars then get the Ferry to the small isles etc. However its not to bad for parking round the back ..pass the slipway ..then the entrance to the pontoons..and you can more often than not .. get parked just a bit futher along. Its only a couple minutes walk back to the pontoon entrance from there

Parking at Arisaig is far harder..especially in the Marina..they like to keep parking spaces for folks using their tour boats
That's what we all did Donny...short walk down to Pontoons makes it a Doddle.

They also have plenty of large wheeled trolleys in the Harbour for Boaters to use which make Fuel/Supply transfers much easier too.