Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 11 September 2017, 13:35   #1
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: Alaska
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 15
Picked up a 1986 4.7m Zodiac in AK

I picked up my first SIB the other day, it is a 1986 Zodiac model 3634 which I believe is a Futura? It has the full aluminum floor transom needs a little work but nothing too crazy holds air and all of the valves rotate to all positions. Only down side is the two tubes under the main tube were filled with foam at some point which isn't the end of the world. I paired a whopping $100 for I can't complain. Here are a couple pictures of it. I assume it is a hypalon boat but not positive yet. It has a lot of mold/ mildew from sitting outside what is the best to clean it with would simple green do the trick?
Thanks!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5474.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	121817
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5475.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	121818
__________________

__________________
Mrbacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2017, 07:30   #2
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbacklash View Post
I picked up my first SIB the other day, it is a 1986 Zodiac model 3634 which I believe is a Futura? It has the full aluminum floor transom needs a little work but nothing too crazy holds air and all of the valves rotate to all positions. Only down side is the two tubes under the main tube were filled with foam at some point which isn't the end of the world. I paired a whopping $100 for I can't complain. Here are a couple pictures of it. I assume it is a hypalon boat but not positive yet. It has a lot of mold/ mildew from sitting outside what is the best to clean it with would simple green do the trick?
Thanks!
Attachment 121817
Attachment 121818
1st generation Zodiac Futura.

You can use FC470 parts on it, I think.

It should be CSM/CR elastomer construction ("Hypalon), but there may be attachments made from PVC.
__________________

__________________
Richard
Gluing geek since 2007
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2017, 09:40   #3
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: Alaska
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 15
Thanks! Also it does not have the keel for it any ideas for a solution for that?
__________________
Mrbacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2017, 09:43   #4
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbacklash View Post
Thanks! Also it does not have the keel for it any ideas for a solution for that?
Use an FC470 keel.
__________________
Richard
Gluing geek since 2007
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2017, 12:54   #5
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: Alaska
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by office888 View Post
Use an FC470 keel.
Any idea what one would cost? Do you have a vendor you would recommend?
Thanks
__________________
Mrbacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2017, 13:00   #6
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbacklash View Post
Any idea what one would cost? Do you have a vendor you would recommend?
Thanks
MSRP is probably about $2000.

Whole boat is about $25,000.

US Military prices.

Find a used one.
__________________
Richard
Gluing geek since 2007
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2017, 13:31   #7
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: Alaska
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 15
Wow that's crazy! I will look for a used one maybe try the pool noodle trick and see how that works
__________________
Mrbacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2017, 14:11   #8
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbacklash View Post
Wow that's crazy! I will look for a used one maybe try the pool noodle trick and see how that works
It won't. The inflated keel is what holds the floor tight.

There's a used one on ebay right now.
__________________
Richard
Gluing geek since 2007
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2017, 23:00   #9
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: Alaska
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by office888 View Post
It won't. The inflated keel is what holds the floor tight.



There's a used one on ebay right now.


I'm looking can't find it.....
__________________
Mrbacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2017, 07:22   #10
Member
 
Andy JC's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bristol
Make: Honwave T35AE
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 18hp
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbacklash View Post
I'm looking can't find it.....
This one? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162662444631
__________________

__________________
Andy JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
zodiac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.