Old 29 April 2016, 14:29   #1

Town: TDY
Boat name: FC 470
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
New to Me Zodiac FC 470 - Questions

Found this site and tons of great information already read. Had a MK V years ago and now I just picked up a surplus 470, looks like a 2012. Couple of questions:

- It is missing the inflatable keel, can they be sourced from a Milpro dealer? Will a civvy Zodiac version fit (MK III or so?)

- It is also missing a floor, can a roll up be sourced as well?

Other than being dirty, it's in pretty good shape, a couple of the D ring patches are off or loose. The bow has some rubs down to the fabric, but the thrust board and transom (has the upgrade kit installed already) are both good to go. Seeing now if it holds air. Going to service all of the valves, etc. and then go from there. Still trying to figure out power options, probably around 30HP I'm thinking.

Thanks for any help....
Old 29 April 2016, 16:00   #2

And the Pic:

Old 29 April 2016, 18:48   #3

Town: Mass
Boat name: Zodiac F-470
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yamaha
Hey Seth....
I am "in the same boat". I just got mine from Govt Liquidation in Oklahoma City and it doesn't have a floor either. Apparently they are difficult to come by and a few guys have suggested fabricating one from marine plywood. I'm still searching though. Mine does have a keel but like yours mine has a few patches and many of the "D" rings have fallen off or are separating. I found a tag on it that said it came from Hawaii. I'm going to have it serviced and see if I can get a decent used 30-40 hp outboard and a trailer. Good luck....
Joe
Old 30 April 2016, 10:18   #4

Yep, OK auction too....wish mine had a keel. I can build a floor, just rather have a roll up for storage purposes. My MK V from years ago had an AL hard deck, which was nice but when I stored the boat it was a pain, especially along with the size of the boat itself. The 470 is perfect for my needs.

It holds air no problem, working on cleaning it up this weekend, then a valve service (all of the valves work ok now)
Old 30 April 2016, 13:15   #5

Another question/item of interest:

My boat has 6 IC valves in the tubes, the standard 4 plus one in each tail cone (you can see one in the Pic). When did this change come through? my previous Zodiac experiences (both private and .mil) we only had the 4 in the tubes plus the keel
Old 01 May 2016, 01:36   #6

Town: Connecticut
Length: 6m +
Engine: Undecided
The keel can be ordered from any Milpro dealer. They are on the expensive side. Never seen one with those valves in the cone end and I have worked on dozens of them . Unfortunately most of the government boats are incomplete.
www.DinghyPro.net
cgoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2016, 02:43   #7

Town: Seattle
Boat name: Expensive
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard
FC 470 Surplus Sale

Well, I also purchased one at he same April auction. No floor, no over pressure valves and no keel. Let me know if any of you have any luck finding those parts--especially the floor. I'll do the same. At least we all know that there wasn't any difference between the lots!

Tags
zodiac