Old 29 October 2013, 23:14   #1

Town: annan
Boat name: ?
Make: prowave
Length: 3m +
Engine: outboard
new design sport hp-v hull

hi everyone. i have been looking at getting a 3.8m inflatable with a sport HP-V hull, has anyone got any thoughts on how sturdy/strong the hull is, it it alot lighter than equivalent with aluminium floor, i intend using on tidal waters. thanks
Old 30 October 2013, 00:32   #2

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider 450 Rib
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 5/18/30 HP
Welcome to Ribnet,

Does HP-V Hull stands for a High Pressure V Hull & keel ? If so, the only down issue I see is that needs to be immaculate top PSI inflated to to it's max working pressure throughout all boating day to perform as expected. Re inflation with a foor or hand pump is a PITA as deck is not flat out but rather deep V shaped. If under inflated when doing a re inflation at sea much worst as lower pump support will be lousy stable against hull to work with.

Definitely much lighter than equivalent 380 alum panel floor and fast to deploy at beach and pump fully up and out you go.

Happy Boating
Old 30 October 2013, 22:06   #3

Town: annan
Make: prowave
Engine: outboard
thanks to locozodiac for post. yes HP-V is for high pressure v hull. good info there, I hadn't thought about topping up air on water. like everything there is a trade off. this one is between weight/speed of launching and strength/practicality.
Old 09 November 2013, 20:42   #4

Town: Wigan
Make: Bombard 380
Engine: 2S18hp 2S15hp 2s9.8
Hi, had a 2.7 Sunsport with HP V floor (about 37kg), great little boat. Rated 8hp,,, started with 6 then 10,,,, then 15ph all 2s.
Had a wild camping tip this year and found boat to be to small for all the gear, so started looking for bigger boat. Packed up size and weight being top on the list (fit in boot and still tow caravan)
Found a 3.8 bombard aerotec (43kg big deep V full length) second hand same price as a new 3.8 china boat (was looking at them). Glad I went with aerotec as I met some one at Loch Lomond with 3.8 china HP V floor boat rated 20hp,,, he was using a 10hp 2s, he even tried my 15hp on it (would not get on the plane with just 2 of us in). The floor was at the right pressure but flexed like mad (total out of shape / inverted its self) He was not happy .
Go for the best one you can afford with a proven track record.