Old 27 February 2014, 09:33   #11

Town: London/North Yorks.
Make: Honwave T40AE
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mariner 15hp 2s
not mine ... and nothing to do with me ...
just thought I would highlight it ...
when I was looking for a spare ... I got mine for 12 ... INCLUDING postage!!
Honwave seat | eBay

Old 01 March 2014, 13:17   #12

Town: Bristol
Make: Honwave
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury 15HP 2Str
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4bus View Post
Just done exactly the same for my Zodiac 13.50 for the brackets from Bristol Boats (Saltford) & Offcut of marine ply from Avon Plywood Keynsham.

Complete 2nd seat that looks identical to the Zodiac one 13.50 all in.

Looking forward to our 1st outing with the kids when the weather improves. We have the same motor as you, do you get any issues with it oiling up when plodding up the rivers?
Hi T4Bus - thanks, yeah really pleased with the end result, and saved lots of money!

No engine issues so far, but I'm fairly newb to this and so the term 'oiling up' is a symptom that I might not recognise - could you enlighten me?

Old 02 March 2014, 14:05   #13

Town: England
Boat name: boat
Make: Zodiac Cadet340Activ
Engine: 15hp Mariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeant View Post
Hi T4Bus - thanks, yeah really pleased with the end result, and saved lots of money!

No engine issues so far, but I'm fairly newb to this and so the term 'oiling up' is a symptom that I might not recognise - could you enlighten me?
My history with 2 stroke engines has been with racing bikes, so may not be relevant to boat engines, but if they are used continuously below the optimum engine speed, the oil in the fuel mixture does not burn efficiently causing the spark plugs to wet (hold oil) and the engine generally clog with unburned oil.
I have nearly the same set up as you & would like to use it on slow rivers so interested to see if this gave you any problems? Seems like yours has been fine so I presume as they run on a very lean oil mix it's maybe not an issue, good news if this is the case
I guess there's no harm in putting the motor into neutral while on the river & giving it some hard revs to clear it through.
Old 02 March 2014, 14:31   #14

Town: abergele
Boat name: all mine
Make: ribtec 3m
Engine: tohatsu 9.8 hp 2st
I have seen the painter's in work useing kiln dried silica sand for non slip floor's between coats, could work on the seat, thin the final coat of paint to scrach your a.se accordingly more thinner's more sratches lol, as for the brakets just buy a 1 plastic bread board cut to size and bend useing heat, ie over the cooker (make sure her indoor's is out) sand the corners, I have ordered a bench bag with the padded top for the seat I made saturday useing 1/2in ply and 2x1" stringers, I woulden't use metal on a seat that is close to a tube I don't recall ever seeing metal on any original sib seat's correct me if I'm wrong
Old 02 March 2014, 15:09   #15

Town: Bristol
Make: Honwave
Engine: Mercury 15HP 2Str
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4bus View Post
My history with 2 stroke engines has been with racing bikes, so may not be relevant to boat engines, but if they are used continuously below the optimum engine speed, the oil in the fuel mixture does not burn efficiently causing the spark plugs to wet (hold oil) and the engine generally clog with unburned oil.
I have nearly the same set up as you & would like to use it on slow rivers so interested to see if this gave you any problems? Seems like yours has been fine so I presume as they run on a very lean oil mix it's maybe not an issue, good news if this is the case
I guess there's no harm in putting the motor into neutral while on the river & giving it some hard revs to clear it through.
Interesting - no issues so far but I have only run it for about 5hrs so far, fingers crossed all will be well.

With my engine, its impossible to put it into neutral to rev it, oh unless you remove the cover I guess and manually play with the throttle bit?