Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 22 August 2014, 12:11   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard, Y-162
Make: Aerotec 380, Y-Class
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,691
Message in a bottle? - nope, GPS in a bag...

If you see one floating about in the English Channel can you grab it 'cos it's mine!

Pesky thing was only a few weeks old when we lost it in the drink near Pett Level in East Sussex. Garmin Dakota in a sealed heavy duty airtight/waterproof bag so it might float up somewhere...chance in a million I know...
__________________

__________________
Max... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2014, 12:17   #2
Member
 
telcowilliam's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Caernarfon
Boat name: Bay Bar Dos
Make: Tornado
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 130
MMSI: 235092178
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max... View Post
If you see one floating about in the English Channel can you grab it 'cos it's mine!

Pesky thing was only a few weeks old when we lost it in the drink near Pett Level in East Sussex. Garmin Dakota in a sealed heavy duty airtight/waterproof bag so it might float up somewhere...chance in a million I know...
give the local coastguard a call, they have simulators that can tell you where to look for bag. I log four grab bags over board last week when the boat got swamped and Holyhead coastguard predicted where the bag would be. We had an iphone in the bag and was tracking it so could give the coastguard a fair bit of information though
__________________

__________________
There is no bigger hole than the sea within which to throw your money.....anon
telcowilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2014, 13:34   #3
Member
 
Barrowboy's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Galway
Boat name: Top Banana
Make: Scorpion 9m
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 421STI
MMSI: Yeah right!
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,161
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by telcowilliam View Post
give the local coastguard a call, they have simulators that can tell you where to look for bag. I log four grab bags over board last week when the boat got swamped and Holyhead coastguard predicted where the bag would be. We had an iphone in the bag and was tracking it so could give the coastguard a fair bit of information though
Blimey, how much time elapsed before you realised you'd lost four bags??
__________________
Barrowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2014, 10:33   #4
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrowboy View Post
Blimey, how much time elapsed before you realised you'd lost four bags??

He's a scouser so he'd be busy drying his shell suit


Sent from my iPhone using RIB Net
__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2014, 10:43   #5
Member
 
telcowilliam's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Caernarfon
Boat name: Bay Bar Dos
Make: Tornado
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 130
MMSI: 235092178
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 507
Lol, we knew we had lost them straight away, went back out to look for them but no sign of them. We were tracking them hoping they would come ashore but the batteries went before they did
__________________
There is no bigger hole than the sea within which to throw your money.....anon
telcowilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2014, 03:26   #6
RIBnet supporter
 
MustRib's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newcastle
Boat name: Merlin
Make: RB4 Gemini 550
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 90C
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,048
how did you swamp the boat ?
__________________
MustRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.