Old 23 June 2014, 10:51   #1
CJS

Town: Warsash
Make: Honwave T 3.8 ie
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda 20 HP
Great Honwave day yesterday.

I went down to Lee on Solent yesterday and out of the blue met another Honwave owner - same model as mine (but later latest model). It turns out it was someone I have been speaking to on YouTube a couple of weeks back who had been looking for some general advice.

This was only his third time out on his Honwave with his wife, son and the dog and he seemed rather glad of the company across the Solent.....and it made a change for me as I am normally on my own, although my Dad was with me on this occasion.

The water was a bit choppy but it was a great run out to Ryde. We parked up on the sand bar a few 100 meters offshore and had lunch at the tearoom and got back just at the turn of the tide.

Interestingly he had an electric pump whereas I have always used the old hand pump with the Honda Pressure Gauge. For some reason his pressure seemed a lot less.....by hand touch that is.

With a bit more air pressure in the floor his Honwave sprang to life.

It is the first time I have seen a Honwave with 20HP on the water without me in it. I don't have a GPS so have never clocked my speed but judging by our two boats I was actually surprised just how fast we were actually going.

From Ryde it was off to the Martello Towers and back - a great day had by all.
Old 03 July 2014, 21:56   #2

Town: Surrey
Length: 4m +
Thinking if doing something like this in my Honwave at the weekend. Where did you launch?