Old 01 September 2016, 16:05   #11

Town: Sheffield
Length: no boat
Thanks guys, much appreciated and confirmed my choice!

Old 04 September 2016, 14:51   #12

Just another quick question guys...

I plan to launch the SIB by hand (poss on transom wheels) but trailer to location.

I'm sure the 365 HD Mercury will be fine but how will the 415 HD Mercury be? I'm judging by the information I can find on here that maybe the latter would be a tad to much to handle alone?

I planned a 15-20hp motor the for 365 and again I understand that the jump between the two is fairly big so carting one about would be tough with the 20.

The reason I ask is because I'm wanting 4 adults occasionally in the SIB for sea fishing and think the smaller would be poss a tad to small? - I'm wanting to be comfy not crammed up but have to take into account that I will want to launch it with transom wheels so I don't want some mega heavy boat when just me and the wife will be launching it.

What are you thoughts?

Old 04 September 2016, 15:02   #13

The below all looks decent sizes so can anyone confirm which are which sizes etc.

http://www.boatfinder.gr/files/Image/Boats/QuickSilver-Heavy_Duty380.jpg

http://www.ambil-yam.co.il/index.php?dir=site&page=catalog&op=item&cs=3204&la ngpage=heb&category=3068

The picture the three people on board.

The latter is listed as a 470 but comes up with the 365 and 415 searches and has the seat so can't be the 470 so can anyone who has one identify which is which. Even better if anyone has a pic with people on board.

Sorry to be a pain but hoping to order this week so just want to confirm the above with weights and photos etc.

Many thanks
Old 04 September 2016, 15:12   #14

Town: East Anglia
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki DF20 EFI
Have a look through this thread of mine and see if it gives you any ideas...

How far do you move your SIB on transom wheels?

Note that Chipko, myself and AdamV66 all use the same budget bow dolly which is a huge help.
Old 04 September 2016, 15:36   #15

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Mercury
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
MMSI: 235074042
The 365 comes in at 100 & the 415 120 kg my 365 is to heavy with a 25 hp on to move with just transom wheels single handed you would need the bow dolly for certain but with 4 people on hand should be a doddle I launch mine straight off the trailer and change the bearings every year 30 .
On you tube there's a 365 showing performance with 2 & 4 up I think with a 20 hp on.
If you get on the Mercury site there is the spec for all the HD boats the 365 is a 6 man boat.
Just looked the 470 comes in at 170 kg
Old 04 September 2016, 15:36   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Have a look through this thread of mine and see if it gives you any ideas...

How far do you move your SIB on transom wheels?

Note that Chipko, myself and AdamV66 all use the same budget bow dolly which is a huge help.
Thank you for that. Gives me some great ideas on transporting it instead of just the typical transom wheels to the sea.

Problem is though are they mainly used on the sub 4 meter SIBs or have they been proven to work on the bigger ones? The slip which I intend the majority of launches on is mega steep so getting one back up with the extra weight the bigger sib and engine could be problematic so that why I'm kind of stuck on decision on the two sizes.
Old 04 September 2016, 15:55   #17

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Mercury
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
MMSI: 235074042
Not wanting to dampen your spirit for launching & recovery but the least you will be pulling back up the slip is circa 180 kg (365)on your own you have then to load onto the trailer which would need to be low enough or the bunks set to avoid to much friction ( wear on the tubes) as you winch up or lift the boat as high as possible and slide the trailer under not easy I have done it on grass but it's bloody hard work.
Owning a 365 I launch by trailer because the alternative is not acceptable to me and I have lifted heavy weights all my life to that end I have a company designing some roller bunks to help OMO
Old 04 September 2016, 16:07   #18

Thanks for the info Jeff!

Just to add, I will be recovering it back to the car then taking the engine off and loading back into the car and just trailering the actual boat so getting it back on the trailer would be OK.

I will try and look for the video you mentioned and see how it looks for room.
Old 05 September 2016, 04:47   #19

Town: East Anglia
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Suzuki DF20 EFI
>>>are they mainly used on the sub 4 meter SIBs or have they been proven to work on the bigger ones?

If transom wheels are free on their axles and greased... likewise for the dolly wheels... even a heavy SIB will move easily over long distances on the flat with good surfaces.

As you add in sand/pebbles or a steep and/or rough slip then it gets harder.

You mention a mega steep slip and single handed operation. That can be really hard with a heavy outfit and a push will be much appreciated. The bow dolly has the massive advantage that all your posture and effort goes into the pull without that need to lift as well with a skewed round arm like you do with a bow handle lift. Also if you need a breather you just stop rather than having to put the boat down and pick it up again.

I might have mentioned in the linked thread the main reason for getting the dolly was this year's holiday where the SIB needed pulling up a steep hill into a rear garden for overnight storage. Last year at the same location we took the OB off before each time attempting this... this year with the dolly it was easier with the 20hp OB on than last year without... that dolly made that much difference.