Old 08 May 2009, 16:45   #1

Town: Maidenhead
Make: Bombard Aerotec
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard 25HP
Bombard Aerotec advice

Hi, probably a daft question but I wondered if anyone might be able to help with some tips or instructions for a Bombard Aerotec, I have just bought a 4.2m with a Yamaha 25hp 2 stroke, great condition and all working well. The instructions don't give any info about the best technique for folding the boat so it actually fits in the bag! It may be because I only have volume 1 of the instruction book and its all covered in volume 2, also can anyone tell me what the 4 lugs stuck to the floor under the seat are for? I thought tie down loops for the fuel tank? Any help much appreciated.
Old 08 May 2009, 16:56   #2

Town: wells
Make: Porters / bombard
Length: 3m +
Engine: 60 / 15hp
Saw that one on ebay congratulations.

I have a 380 but i'm sure the principle is the same, once fully deflated (i leave the floor in mine) lift the tubes from each side so they meet in the middleish and are the same width as the transomish, folt the sponsons flat behind the transom and roll towards the bow.

You are correct about the lugs.
Old 08 May 2009, 19:33   #3

Thanks for the info, I recon after a few tries I'll get it sorted. I did want a 3.80 but with 3 growing lads and my girlfriend I thought the 4.2 would be best. Seems like a great boat although it's a bit heavy to carry around especially with the long shaft engine, have to go to the gym a bit! I went for this one mainly because of the engine, i'm hoping to try a bit of water skiing so I guessed it had to be at least a 25. Anyway thanks again. Andy.
Old 09 May 2009, 09:32   #4

Town: Brum
Boat name: UTV
Make: zodiac FR
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke 15hp
MMSI: 999
I noticed this on ebay as well, looks very nice. Nearly bid on it. Couple of questions if you don't mind. Should it have a long shaft engine on? How small is it when folded up? I have been given figures but they were sellers figures, if you know what I mean.
Old 09 May 2009, 21:28   #5

Hi, I checked everywhere before I bought the boat, they don't make a 4.2 anymore but all the documentation states a long shaft for the 4.2m and a short shaft for the 3.8. Tried it out on the river and all seems good, goes well although I couldn't really open it up much...looking forward to getting it to the coast. After my first packing the boat just fits into the bag provided which measures about 1.3m x 1m x 1/2m roughly. I think I can do better next time. weight is stated at 50 odd Kgs.
Seems about right, I wouldn't be keen to try and carry a heavier boat so glad it's inflatable floor.