Old 31 August 2015, 14:01   #11
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Bombard 380 Winter Storage

Turn the inside bit 90 degrees when you've pushed it in and it locks in place.

Just remember to pop it out again before you inflate the boat next time. Otherwise you'll lose a load of air when you disconnect the pump, and have to pump it up again. Don't ask me how many times I've done that...

Old 31 August 2015, 14:03   #12

Town: East Anglia
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Suzuki DF20 EFI
As John says you need to find the position for the valves that keeps them wide open... with yours it might be pushing them in and twisting the inner knurled bit 1/4 turn and it stays locked in with the air free to vent. On my newer one the valve button pushes down against a spring and engages open without the twisting.

I personally don't suck the air our as it can hinder efficient rolling/packing.

So broadly as others say above...

Wash the boat, dry it fully, I'd take out the air floor when cleaning to be totally sure you aren't trapping hidden sand/stones. Check for any chafing/tearing of the floor retaining straps. Put it back in for packing though if you want it ready to go next season**.

With all valves open roll the boat up without worrying to much about getting it neat.... just to expel most of the air. Then roll it back out again.

Then finally... fold the cones into the transom and (ideally) with an assistant pull the grab handles so they meet and roll the transom over tucking in the cones. Do this again until you have about 5ft of the boat left out then fold the forward most 2ft in so the last roll traps this bit.

As you roll each section check there is no spare material poking out to make the pack over wide, at all times nothing should stick out wider than the transom width.

When finally rolled lift it onto the bag/cover and parcel it up with the straps tight.

The Aerotec bag is over large and the straps will be at their tightest way before the boat is pulled down as small as it might.

Mice can be a real problem and the only advice I can give is that they love undisturbed dark places... so I move my packed boat every week to put them off.

**You can leave the floor out if you want and that will make a slightly smaller/lighter bundle.

Old 31 August 2015, 14:08   #13

Town: East Anglia
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Suzuki DF20 EFI
>>>guy I bought it from provided one for the floor but it does not seem to fit the tubes

What sort of pump do you have? The pump usually fits the smaller floor valves directly then there is an adaptor that should be with the pump that "bushes" it up to the tube valve size.

Like this...

http://www.defender.com/images/451142_2.jpg