Old 14 October 2018, 00:45   #1

Town: Navarre, FL
Boat name: Tali Wacker
Make: Zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: Johnson IMARS
Trailer for FC530 Project

Hello, I bought this used boat trailer to modify for my FC-530. My intent is to weld 1/4" x 4" wide flat bar to the crossmembers almost vertically, then use 2"x2"x4" angle iron welded to the flat bar to bolt down the 2"x6"x16' carpet covered pressure treated lumber bunks.

The trailer had vertical flat bar welded to it in a prior use, and it still has a wide roller mounted at the center of the rear most crossmember. I want to remove the roller assembly, leave the welded on bracket for attaching an inverted V shaped travel support for the Durajet lower.
Add some 12/24v LED M-series taillights for towing behind my HMMWV or Toyota FJ.
I got a bunch of valve hardware and an 18gal fuel bladder from AbeSolar, and 55hp Johnson Enforcer IMARS Durajet from J.
I still need to find most of the FC-530 aluminum hard deck or figure out a temp solution until I can find it.
Any input is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zodiac Trailer Orig Config.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	127301  
Old 29 October 2018, 19:30   #2

Town: Navarre, FL
Boat name: Tali Wacker
Make: Zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: Johnson IMARS
Instead of raising the bunks, can I just weld 2" angle iron to the trailer frame to bolt the bunks flat along the top of the trailer cross ribs?

Then have a 3 leg bracket with a welded on U, two outer legs as pivot points, the middle leg as the strut that locks it into place to keep the Durajet lower rock-solid?