Old 26 July 2014, 23:48   #11
Town: Southern Ontario
Boat name: -Unknown-
Make: SeaMax
Length: 4m +
Engine: Merc/Minn Kota
I have a similar set-up though my car's a Ford with the powerful ztec engine. But I'm not sure your problem could be more financially simple by connecting a winch (electric)to an extended hitch plate. Then with a front trailer wheel you could run the cable from the car-hitch as much as fifty feet to the trailered boat and pull up to the top of the ramp. I tried this idea and it worked great.

Nightfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2014, 02:18   #12
Length: no boat
Have you tried it with the bilge bung out?.

Al Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2014, 03:46   #13
Town: Nottingham
Boat name: Bob.
Make: QS 430Hd + Merc 270s
Length: 4m +
Engine: Johnson 25hp short
Try using a tow bar winch cheap on eBay, for reduced time on the slipway leave your boot open and unwind the cable to the desired length before you back onto the slipway, this will reduce the time on the slipway, make sure the winch hook has a protection clip so it wont undo when the came is slack. Then when the trailer at boat it near the top of the slipway drive off and hitch up correctly once clear. What slipway are you using?
Dydigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2014, 07:24   #14
RIBnet supporter
Town: Warwickshire
Boat name: Impulse
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
That slipway is very steep especially on low tide but very wide. The car should be fine but with the extra weight and the slip gradient you are best to recover by having the car almost parallel to the waters edge with the trailer scewed into the water that way you slalom (zig zag) up the slip and don't end up burning rubber and burning your clutch out. I had to do that with my 2.0l A6 with my RC 585 which ways considerably more than 300kgs!!! Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using RIB Net
AJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2014, 15:07   #15
Boat name: ....
Length: no boat
Engine: Mercury 15hp
Rusey, have a check of your clutch adjustment, it may not be fully engaging and causing it to slip a little. The 1.6 should be able to pull your lot up the slip no problem
HighlandR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 August 2014, 00:35   #16
Town: Plymouth
Boat name: The Micky
Make: Allpa 390
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 25
Isn't that engine about 100bhp? Should have no problem pulling 300kg up a slip assuming the boat is not full of water too.

I'm pretty sure diesels are better for this, due to having much more torque at lower rpm. A friend of mine used to launch and recover an 8m dive RIB with a Peugeot 306 estate, a whopping 90bhp (albeit turbo diesel), power was never a problem although depending on his choice of slip, traction sometimes was.

tehguy is offline   Reply With Quote