Old 28 October 2010, 20:50   #1

Town: Long Island NY
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: 25
Avon Searider $1300

Would make a great Fire or Police rescue, support boat , yacht tender, coaches boat or just low cost entry to the world of boating.

Boat is very heavy duty and was an Coast Guard boat at one point in it's life. Boat does not have bottom paint, as we trailered the boat and took it out of the water after each use. This is the orginal Heavy Duty rescue boat. The 'V" hull is deeper than most rigid inflatables out there. Has the stabilizer tank, so when the boat is stopped it is very stable. Tank empties when boat starts moving. Has "elephant trunk" for offshore big wave work. They used these boats on the oil rigs. Solid, but needs some touch up paint. Orange hull was painted white by previous owner and some spots are starting to show. Elephant trunk leaks alittle, I just used a bung, and then pulled it if I took a big wave. Engine is 25 hp manual start and tilt, and will need the usual, winterizing (May get to it) and new fuel. Been sitting in yard since Aug, so it will need some cleaning up (leaves are falling General Dirt). Tubes hold air. After each use boat was flushed with fresh water as well as engine, stabilizer hull and trailer. Also, I had her deflate the tubes after each uese as I did not want to stress the tubes especially with the record hot weather we had this summer. It would take her five minutes at the ramp to inflate all of the tubes to proper pressure. Also, air pump and paddle are included. Trailer I don't have paperwork for, so it will have to be registered as homemade. Was never a problem for us as the ramp is about a mile from our house. All lights work, and it is in fairly good condition, with a trailer jack and tows straight and true. E-mail with any questions, I may be able to deliver for a 200 mile radius for a fee and if item is pre-paid. Contact me at mtspeed@aol.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0595.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	55175   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0587.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	55176   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0591.jpg
Views:	314