Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Other stuff > Tow vehicles, 4x4s, trucks, cars & bikes
Click Here to Login

Old 15 May 2012, 01:20   #41

Town: Zummerset
Boat name: irven arlyss
Make: Humber Oceanpro
Length: 6m +
Engine: evinrude 135hp
Defender 110

I drive a defender 110 TD5 SW, Raised air intake, Wading kit, Winch on the front, and have had the whole chassis professionally waxoiled.

If you have a decent anchor the winch could be used to help extricate yourself, from a sandy beach, but I have never had to do so.

Although I dont have a boat at present, I have used this for towing boats, and trailers, and it will do it all day long.

Bad things are fuel economy, (dont even ask!) and it is a little uncomfy when driving for more than 5 hours or so, but on the plus side, I dont get stuck and the amount of room is enormous, it will carry 9 people too!

Not had too much problems with rust, but if you dont waxoil them they will rust, and particularly the older ones........
Old 25 August 2012, 18:47   #42

Town: Boat Lake Geneva
Boat name: Lark
Make: Capelli Cap 32 WA
Length: 10m +
Engine: Yamaha 250x2
MMSI: 235096621
I use a Range Rover TDV8, its the best car I have every owned, happy on a slip way, driving to the Alps, or motorway. The only catch is having that car means I cant have a bigger rib!!
Old 03 September 2012, 00:03   #43

Town: Horley
Boat name: Pending!
Make: Cobra
Length: 7m +
Engine: 225hp Outboard
Toyota Surf 3rd Generation, great 3L diesel pulls like stink and the trailer is a breeze. Lovely wide wheels and tyres as standard obtain great grip on any slipway with an easy to use 4WD set up with low range. Comfy on long and short journeys, does not rust and is a pleasure to drive obtaining 32mpg with relative ease. Converted Landy man??? Maybe! More comfy and cheaper than my Series II and my Defender! No holes unlike my fathers Disco! Well recommended.

« Astra Annoyance | Top | S3 »