Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 21 November 2010, 15:52   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Mercedes Atego 818

I need a 7.5t box with a tail lift. Anyone know whether the above are any good?

There's an '03 on Ebay which has only covered 130k kms.
__________________

__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2010, 16:25   #2
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
I need a 7.5t box with a tail lift. Anyone know whether the above are any good?

There's an '03 on Ebay which has only covered 130k kms.
Nice vehicles. Merc haven't made a bad truck yet. What make is the lift?

130k is rather low for an 03 though-make sure it's on the original tacho head. It's far easier to change one than it is to clock a car.

I assume you know you'll need an operator's licence for business use.
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2010, 16:33   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
Nice vehicles. Merc haven't made a bad truck yet. What make is the lift?

130k is rather low for an 03 though-make sure it's on the original tacho head. It's far easier to change one than it is to clock a car.

I assume you know you'll need an operator's licence for business use.
Thanks Nos. According to the listing it's been used to deliver hospital supplies, presumably locally. I think it's a Radcliffe lift.
Yeah, i've run trucks before. I'd run it on a restricted O licence.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2010, 16:44   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,298
Have you told Es you're buying her a 2-door Merc?
__________________
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2010, 17:01   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhilldai View Post
Have you told Es you're buying her a 2-door Merc?
3 door, it has a big bu**er at the back.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2010, 17:25   #6
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
Thanks Nos. According to the listing it's been used to deliver hospital supplies, presumably locally.
It'll be fairly obvious if it's an ex laundry truck. The only other thing it could be if it's been doing hospital servicing is a clinical or contaminated waste truck. It'll stink of disinfectant in the back if it's an old nappy/soiled waste truck (the smell will go, but it'll take a few steamcleans inside). If it's got ADR boards on, it'll have been a surgical waste truck, but it'll be clean inside apart from the smell. Again, that'll go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
I think it's a Radcliffe lift.
Yeah, i've run trucks before. I'd run it on a restricted O licence.
Ratcliffe are good lifts-but then, I would say that as Liz has connections with them
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.