Town: Reykjavik
Boat name: Cheesee
Make: Seaquel 600 XS
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 275 Verado
Send a message via Skype™ to bogib
Zodiac sales strong at Miami

Got this new flash via IBI last night:

Zodiac of North America (ZNA) said its rigid inflatable boat (RIB) sales at Miami were "substantially more than twice" last year's sales. "The message about the benefits of RIBs is resonating as never before with American boaters, and it's translating into big sales gains," said JJ. Marie, president and CEO of ZNA, in a company statement. Marie said that new Zodiac and Avon RIBs sold well at the show

Bogi
Old 05 March 2008, 18:20   #2

Town: Punta gorda Fl.
Boat name: War Machine
Make: Falcon U.S.A.
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 250 Yamaha
Zodiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogib View Post
Got this new flash via IBI last night:

Zodiac of North America (ZNA) said its rigid inflatable boat (RIB) sales at Miami were "substantially more than twice" last year's sales. "The message about the benefits of RIBs is resonating as never before with American boaters, and it's translating into big sales gains," said JJ. Marie, president and CEO of ZNA, in a company statement. Marie said that new Zodiac and Avon RIBs sold well at the show

Bogi
So Zodiac sold three boats then? No offense bogib, but there are plenty of builders in Canada and the U.S. that build them better and sell them cheaper... How much is a C 27 now? Oh wait, I just checked... $245,000 for a 21 ft. boat? Not quite, $245,000 for a 20.9 ft. boat... You have got to be kidding!!!
Give Polaris or Northwind Marine or Titan or Demaree or Otech or Nautica Or Willard or any of the other builders out there a call and SEE what your 1/4 of million dollars will buy you... a lot more than that. Nothing wrong with Zodiac if you like them, good boats, but they are way overpriced... and way over p.r'd compared to OTHER good builders/manufacturers.
Old 07 March 2008, 21:13   #3

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Couldn't agree more but when I said the CZ7 was way overpriced everyone jumped down my throat!!!
Old 08 March 2008, 02:06   #4

Re opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
Couldn't agree more but when I said the CZ7 was way overpriced everyone jumped down my throat!!!
Cod, one thing I'll say for you you're not afraid to voice your opinion and that is a good thing. Some people don't like it but that's their problem.

I can't say for certain because I am not familiar with pricing on boats over there but would it be fair to say there is a BUNCH of British builders that could match or beat Zodiac's highly vaunted C-27 in terms of pricing and performance?
I wait for a plethora of responses boys.....

Just an addition here... I had my buddy Ray who was at Nautica in Miami yesterday get an off the cuff estimate for a 27 ft Nautica with a couple of big Yamahas on the back, a hundred grand less than a C-27. No electronics but I can buy a lot of electronics for that money.
Old 08 March 2008, 02:14   #5

Oh yes - plenty!!!
Old 08 March 2008, 02:23   #6

Re builders

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
Oh yes - plenty!!!
Well, throw the names out there, we hear about Zodiac all the time on this N. American forum so put some brands out there for the less educated buyers Cod!
Old 08 March 2008, 12:24   #7

Revenger - Scorpion - Ribcraft - Parker - Ring to name but a few.

Not quite in the same mould but awesome are the Ocean Dynamics jet boats - if you need to operate in rough shallow water they take some beating. Then if you need a speed machine there is the Banana Shark which looks like it's doing 100mph when it's standing still.

Then you have Avon Inflatables - built about 2 miles from my harbour. They are the father of RIBs but now sadly owned by Zodiac - it used to be the other way around. Avon still make some incredible military craft - using the same Hurricane hull. And talking of military there are the Deltas - awesome boats.

Oh and I forgot to mention Pascoe and Hunton - probably the cream of leisure boats but more an Aston Martin of the sea than a 4x4!!!

Spolit for choice really.............