Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 05 October 2008, 16:23   #11
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: Tobermory, Canada eh
Boat name: Verius
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 590
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,345
Send a message via MSN to Stoo
I haven't been out this weekend at all... Too much stuff on the go. We're hoping to cross from Tob to Kilarney nextweekend for a little camping, but it's a little over 50 miles each way, so pretty weather dependent...

Interesting you mention Rockport... We're down there the next weekend for a little diving... staying at the Boathouse. Are you diving?

Regarding the 2-strokes, that was always the solution... run pre-mix... But that's such a pain with a built in tank...
__________________

__________________
Pump it up and RIDE!

www.wetspotimages.com
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 October 2008, 19:02   #12
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: Rigaud, Que.
Boat name: Rigaud Explorer
Make: 6m Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yam115
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
I haven't been out this weekend at all... Too much stuff on the go. We're hoping to cross from Tob to Kilarney nextweekend for a little camping, but it's a little over 50 miles each way, so pretty weather dependent...

Interesting you mention Rockport... We're down there the next weekend for a little diving... staying at the Boathouse. Are you diving?

Regarding the 2-strokes, that was always the solution... run pre-mix... But that's such a pain with a built in tank...
No sorry no diving this year and too bad because I have many wrecks from Valleyfield to Kingston maped out on my GPS. Plus I haven't gone diving in 2 years but come spring time that will change. You bringing your boat?

Next season I'll make certain to plan on going your way and meet in person. Always wanted to go boating and/or dive towards Toby. Plus camping I like as well, nothing like a great adventure. I'll be re-fitting my RIB towards the end of winter with a bigger fuel tank and so on to have a better range. As mentioned before I do pretty good now but need much better for isolated trips.

Cheers
John
__________________

__________________
Rigaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 October 2008, 21:41   #13
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: Tobermory, Canada eh
Boat name: Verius
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 590
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,345
Send a message via MSN to Stoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigaud View Post
No sorry no diving this year and too bad because I have many wrecks from Valleyfield to Kingston maped out on my GPS. Plus I haven't gone diving in 2 years but come spring time that will change. You bringing your boat?
Oh ya... the big drag through Trawna... always an adventure! I'm coming down with the Missus and a girlfriend. It's generally fairy sheltered in the river so we save this trip up until the end of the season. It's great diving down there for sure!
__________________
Pump it up and RIDE!

www.wetspotimages.com
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 October 2008, 10:07   #14
Member
 
Country: Other
Make: Ribtec
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha F225
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
I'm coming down with the Missus and a girlfriend.

Now there's a man that knows how to live close to the edge.
__________________
Bittentobuggery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 October 2008, 11:03   #15
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: Tobermory, Canada eh
Boat name: Verius
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 590
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,345
Send a message via MSN to Stoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittentobuggery View Post
Now there's a man that knows how to live close to the edge.
LOL... Na, those two are best pals... They are both former diving students and I introduced them to one another. It seems to work just fine!
__________________
Pump it up and RIDE!

www.wetspotimages.com
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 October 2008, 11:07   #16
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: Rigaud, Que.
Boat name: Rigaud Explorer
Make: 6m Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yam115
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Oh ya... the big drag through Trawna... always an adventure! I'm coming down with the Missus and a girlfriend. It's generally fairy sheltered in the river so we save this trip up until the end of the season. It's great diving down there for sure!

Weather forcast is looking to be in the 18-20c for that area, should be really nice if theirs no wind at all too.
__________________
Rigaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2008, 21:01   #17
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: Tobermory, Canada eh
Boat name: Verius
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 590
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F150
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,345
Send a message via MSN to Stoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigaud View Post
Weather forcast is looking to be in the 18-20c for that area, should be really nice if theirs no wind at all too.
We had a gorgeous weekend... again. We spent Saturday on the St. Lawrence, but then shuffled over to Kingston on Sunday. The lake just had that nice little chop of 4 or 5 inches that makes a boat kick up and go...

The new engine continues to impress... we hit 49.1 mph coming in with 3 people, and 6 dive tanks! And there was still room on the throttle...
__________________

__________________
Pump it up and RIDE!

www.wetspotimages.com
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.