Old 21 January 2014, 12:34   #11

Town: Hood River
Boat name: Seal Team 7
Make: Zodiac SRA-750
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude ETEC G2 300
MMSI: WDI 8895
I had a link to an RNLI training vid showing them performing an air bag righting in their training pool. Try Googling "RNLI tank training".

They all swam underneath the boat, got situated properly, then pulled the rip cord and the boat scooped them all up inside.

Seems autoinflation could be dangerous. Go with manual IMO.

Just wondering but what happens with your fuel tank inverted. The Willards would just dump a whole tank of fuel into the water which would be pretty unpleasant. They make rollover vents that won't spill if inverted. I'm probably expanding my tank capacity and seems like a simple fix to consider. Even without a bag, you don't want fuel in the water.

Old 21 January 2014, 13:17   #12

Town: vancouver island
Boat name: catatuide
Make: zodiac 630
Length: 6m +
Engine: diesel ib
This boat is diesel and theres only the vent where diesel can get out im not sure very much would come out that tiny vent line. the SS cap is screwed on tight and no way diesels getting outa there. But i will look at the roll over valves in the vent line to.
I was looking at my Air tank theres a pin that needs to be pulled (like a grande ) then a looped line short one pokeing out i think has to be pulled to to fire it.
Im gona go down and look at the Canadian Coast Guard one down at the dock today , they have the same bag and tank set up.
I am thinking a line down the back of the transom so a swimmer dont have to dive under the boat to pull the pin.
Its a neat set up.
on my seats Ullman have been great to deal with i been dealing with Carl himself and he is helping get my two really old seats refurbished with new dampers and covers. Rain covers to. I will post pics as i get things done.
One thing i will post pics of soon is useing smaller stainless eye bolts instead of just hex bolts to give something to tie the cover to at the front of the boat and in other places on the inside. (the hex bolts im talking about are holding the alum strips that hold the tubes on at the front and on the insides of the boats hull)
The S/S eye bolts are only like $2 each and look good and give great tie down spots.

Old 22 January 2014, 00:18   #13

Do you have a link for the eye bolts?
Old 22 January 2014, 01:44   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by clloyd View Post
Do you have a link for the eye bolts?
No but i got them on ebay there not the 1/4 inch but next size thred up best to take a bolt outa your hull and check most are 3/8 dia s/s.

I will get some pics tomorrow if its not raining. there a great way to be able to tie stuff even if you make and extra layer piece of material for the very front of the tubes the eye bolts give you a way to tie it all down tight.
my custom vinyl cover will be tied on useing theses eye bolts.
Old 22 January 2014, 11:54   #15

Heres a picture of the SS eye bolts installed.They work really well and will help hold on the cover im makeing. also good for holding on and extra bow protector if you didnt want to undo all the bolts and slip it in behind.
I have some on the insideof the hull as well.

Old 30 January 2014, 00:25   #16

I got my first old Ullman seat cut down to size and the new neopreen cover glued on today . Was abit of fun i had to peel it back halfway off then trim the old rubber cover about halfway down to get the new cover to sit right.
Its just like my newer patrol series seat now, well close enough (:
Ullman have been the best company to deal with i been dealing with Carl and he set me up with two new neopreen covers and 3 rain covers + two new upgraded dampers for the two older seats everything was very reasonable to they really went outa there way to help seeing what i was trying to do.
Took most of the day but side by side this one and the newer patrol seat are almost the same size. I now will get the two older seats with the new covers mounted in the boat once i get the second seat done.
This has saved me tons of money and the seats work great and now upgraded to look better to + newer dampers , the old dampers were nothing like theses new dampers, the old ones were worn out to, one had a bent rod. (:

The first picture shows the modern Ullman seat next to the one i cut down and recovered.
Second picture is the old style grey shock mitigating seat that i had to cut down the fiberglass to make it smaller.
just abit off the back area and some of each side at the bottom.
The lower picture is the old seat recovered.
The two older upgraded ones are going in the back of the boat on the engine cover for passengers they wont need the S/S handles.

Old 30 January 2014, 10:03   #17

Looking good.

Re eye bolts, I have d rings that swivel on mine which helps so they don't side load the bolt.
Old 30 January 2014, 11:23   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by clloyd View Post
Looking good.

Re eye bolts, I have d rings that swivel on mine which helps so they don't side load the bolt.

Thanks, so is your boat.
Can you post a picture of this D ring ? id like to see that idea.
Old 30 January 2014, 11:42   #19
ncp

Town: California
Make: Avon 5.4m Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingus View Post
Can you post a picture of this D ring ? id like to see that idea.
I've looked for these D rings online and came up empty. Let me know what you find.
Old 30 January 2014, 13:28   #20

Here's an old shot but they are what the bungie is tied to. Don't know where to get them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1204.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	89871