I got my first old Ullman seat cut down to size and the new neopreen cover glued on today . Was abit of fun i had to peel it back halfway off then trim the old rubber cover about halfway down to get the new cover to sit right.
Its just like my newer patrol series seat now, well close enough (:
Ullman have been the best company to deal with i been dealing with Carl and he set me up with two new neopreen covers and 3 rain covers + two new upgraded dampers for the two older seats everything was very reasonable to they really went outa there way to help seeing what i was trying to do.
Took most of the day but side by side this one and the newer patrol seat are almost the same size. I now will get the two older seats with the new covers mounted in the boat once i get the second seat done.
This has saved me tons of money and the seats work great and now upgraded to look better to + newer dampers , the old dampers were nothing like theses new dampers, the old ones were worn out to, one had a bent rod. (:
The first picture shows the modern Ullman seat next to the one i cut down and recovered.
Second picture is the old style grey shock mitigating seat that i had to cut down the fiberglass to make it smaller.
just abit off the back area and some of each side at the bottom.
The lower picture is the old seat recovered.
The two older upgraded ones are going in the back of the boat on the engine cover for passengers they wont need the S/S handles.