Old 20 June 2016, 21:55   #1

Boat name: Ocean Escapes
Make: Excalibur
Length: 9m +
Engine: 150Yamaha&300Verado
Mercury Smartcraft Help Needed!

So I have fitted my 300 Verado to my 9mtr Excalibur, I have the engine broken in and I'm up and running. I am planning a long trip with it on the weekend but Id like to know my fuel consumption. I have a 450lt tank on the boat which will be full but I'm wondering how I can program the fuel value on the gauges... I don't have a sensor connected from the tank to the unit but I was trying to figure out how to set it up with the gauges so it will give me my range based on fuel burn, I'm also trying to find how I can see my fuel burned data.

I have found some manuals online and have read through them but its a little unclear how I go about setting this up, has anyone else don this? I know the volume of the tank and I just want to input this into the clocks, I have done this on the navman fuel 2100 on my 7mtr boat.

Thanks

Links I have found;
System Speedometer Display Screens - Mercury SC1000 User Manual [Page 15]

https://dk-media.s3.amazonaws.com/AA...ion_Manual.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1626.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	113991  
Old 21 June 2016, 00:43   #2

Town: Kerry
Boat name: Independence
Make: FunYak
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF10
Hi, new to smartcraft gauges myself, smaller scale but still hopefully relevant ... Without the tank sensor you can still see - current usage, total used, reasonably accurate

On mine Total used is easily reset each trip by pushing mode and - while on that screen

Hth
Old 21 June 2016, 11:03   #3

Town: Whitehaven
Boat name: Cerberus
Make: Destroyer 5.8
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115hp Merc 4st
I believe to get a distance remaining you need a GPS connection. The paddle wheel/pitot will allow the gauges to give miles per liter and the engine knows fuel burn/hr and total, but not remaining range. as above, reset your fuel used at the start of the trip and make sure you are home or refueling before it reaches 450l.

I still need to connect my GPS to see if it will work. It's only 2 wires so no idea why I haven't done it yet.

Phil
Old 21 June 2016, 12:37   #4

Town: Oldham
Boat name: Miss Isle
Make: Solent 6.9
Length: 6m +
Engine: 225 optimax
As far as I'm aware you cant do what you want to do, you need a sender from the tank, and then you need to fill the tank to set levels to calibrate the guages, all a bit of a faff tbh. Phil M is right, you need the GPS connected so it can judge range, without that or knowing how much fuel there is, there is nothing to compare or relate to so you have the information you want.

So all you can have, as Phil says is fuel burned which will be reasonably accurate
Old 21 June 2016, 21:48   #5

Boat name: Ocean Escapes
Make: Excalibur
Length: 9m +
Engine: 150Yamaha&300Verado
Got the clocks working today, thanks for your help. I will do as ye said and just keep an eye on the fuel used and fill accordingly. Nice one