Boat name: Farfetched
Make: Solent Ribs
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150hp Suzuki
MMSI: 235021048
Lowrance and Waypoint Entering

QUESTION
========
When I try to set a waypoint when I have moved the cursor onto a part of the map, I can only get the waypoint menu by pressing WPT if and only if I am overzoomed. Otherwise I get information about the location. This is not what the manual tells me to expect. Can you help me correct this? I have tried switching off loads of map features, but that does not solve the problem.

Reply from Lowrance
===============
The WPT button has a dual purpose. It is used to save GPS waypoints and also used to view additional information from a map category, such as the Tide and Current boxes, buoys and depth value information. When saving a waypoint using the cursor and a Navionics Map is in use, you may need to either enter the Over-Zoomed range where map references are not an issue. You can also change the zoom range of the device and before the screen refreshes, press the WPT key to save a location. This does not alter the location of the cursor; the desired save location will not be effected.

Note from Bruce
============
this is NOT explained in the manual and seems a weird state of affairs, but it is a feature with no proposed fix!!!