I went to see an old Avon supersport 345 seemed a bit grubby but mechanically ok.
The engine ran well (even with 40:1 in the tank) nothing sloppy about the mounts and a general look of honest use.
So I parted with my cash and took my new toy home.
After a few days of tidying and routine maintenance I noticed that the prop was not in line with the keel.
A closer look showed the saddle clamp was on strait but the engine was tilted by about 2-3 degrees. Taking the lower mountings off I found an aluminium tube bent.
My local outboard repair man has quoted me £300 for parts and about the same for labour……… as the engine is a 1991 electric start 25Hp mercury I guess I should just get it fixed.