Old 18 October 2005, 02:25   #21

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjordrafting
We do also run XR-drives on our 36 feet rib, and they do brake, and we have surched for better solutions, and we have also found Conrad. The most normal failure on the XR-drives is the upper gear. We have seen pictures of both XR and Conrad -gear together, and the Conradgear has 70% more areal on their theeth, very impressive.
But there is a huge but. The price of a Conrad is almost the same as a 250 Suzuki. And that is for the drive only, and then you have to by the i.b. engine! A lot of money! But if you want to be serious, there is no dout that the Conrad drive is a very good solution.
Why Conrad, do you sell them on the Ringboats? By the way, Henshaw inflatable was just in Norway to repair on my 36, and they spoke highly about the Ringboats, good for you!
Have you looked at the EcoDrive surface piercing drive - made in Norway I believe!!!
Old 18 October 2005, 05:14   #22

Town: Stockholm
Boat name: Osprey & Ring
Make: Osprey & Ring
Length: 9m +
Engine: Plenty
Quote:
Why Conrad, do you sell them on the Ringboats? By the way, Henshaw inflatable was just in Norway to repair on my 36, and they spoke highly about the Ringboats, good for you!
Yes we do install Konrad on the big Yanmar engines.
I have a boat at Henshaw for the moment that will be delivered shortly that will have 3 X 250 Suz.
Thanks to the Henshaw guys
Old 18 October 2005, 06:51   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Have you looked at the EcoDrive surface piercing drive - made in Norway I believe!!!
A boatbuildingcompany in our hometown, www.inovation.no by Boye Andersen, has tried the EcoDrive on their hull. They wanted the surfacedrive for reliability and top speed. That did not work out for them. They thad too much stearnlift and thereby lost a lot of speed. Treid all kinds of propellers. Finally gave up and put Volvo D6 with drive in the boat. We also dicussed surfacedrives with Revenger when we ordered the 34. Revenger has no experience with surfacedrive on this hull and could not garantee the result. We would love surfacedrives for a lot of reasons, but not many ribbuilders have tried them out on boats that we are looking for.
When we asked www.rupert.se if they could deliver, they wanted £80.000,- extra in order to just test out the drives so they could fit the surfacedrives to the boats propparly. And they claim to have driven a lot of Fabios with Surfacedrives!