Old 08 August 2013, 05:04   #11
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: snagglepuss
Make: Shetland
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90 hp Outboard

the point about size is key as other have pointed out the baskets lose a lot of space so get as big as you can get and go 2nd hand or "cosmetically damaged" as they last for years and who cares how it looks!

clydeoutboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 August 2013, 02:46   #12
Boat name: Uh...a kayak?
Length: 4m +
Whisper, I have one by the same brand you link to (they sell under many different brand names) except mine is twice the size and power. How powerful they are has everything to do with how well they clean. Heat IS very important. There is a lot to know about using one so you don't damage anything. They make special dried powders that work wonders but mostly I just use a common household cleaner mixed with water. Vinager works excellent for removing corrosion but will also remove metal. There are tricks to learn the power of your unit by testing with aluminum foil. Enjoy!

Peter_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2013, 10:25   #13
Town: wolverhampton
Boat name: bluefin
Make: picton
Length: 4m +
Engine: outboard
Hi have an industrial ultrasonic cleaner big enough for a complete power head with water jets and temperature control. To be honest for cleaning carbs i have had more success stripping them. cleaning them with carb cleaner and compressed air and re assembling. Its a darn sight quicker too

steve66 is offline   Reply With Quote