I thought long and hard before posting the results of my prop testing, knowing that what I had found ran contrary to what has been posted here and elsewhere.
The sole reason that I eventually decided to ‘go public’ is that there might be others with 200 etecs who would benefit from what I have found. I now want to draw a line under this and move on.
I appreciate that some of you are trying to understand the issues and hence get the right set up for my rig. Thank you for that.
The dealer referred to in my earlier posts is well known and respected and I know that he has supplied etecs to people on here, Dave thanks for your pointer on the TPS. I have now confirmed with the main dealer that the TPS was checked at the last service in April.
Chris, it is a personal rule of mine that I do not name names of particular companies or individuals on here when there could be some ‘follow-on’ of any kind, the exceptions being where I want to praise good service say, or if their name happens to be Biff
I would not expect any more than 5 knots or so difference at the top end between my engine and a good 150. There are no indications that my engine is running other than as it should be, and I stand by the numbers that I have got by checking out two/three props on the water. These were in real world situations and I have been scrupulously honest in the numbers that I have reported. Wind, tidal flows and sea state will all have had an influence – I have seen numbers some two and three knots higher than I have stated, but these were not backed up by two way runs.
I am now getting better all-round performance AND improved fuel consumption. I do not claim that I have found the ultimate set up, there may be more pace available by further experimentation. I have neither the time nor resources for that, and whilst I am sure we would all like a few extra knots, I am now happy with the way my boat performs.
Oh, finally, if anyone who has helmed Jianna wants to come and try the new improved version, be my guest