Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Engines & props
Click Here to Login

Old 18 September 2007, 20:57   #1

Town: Newport
Make: Avon Rover 3.4
Length: 3m +
Engine: Merc 15hp F/S
Suzuki DF140 service interval info

Can one of you Suzuki DF140 owners please tell me what the service intervals are please. I am particularly interested in the early services. My understanding from other posts is that the first service is at 20hrs but I cannot find what happens from there on.

Thank you
Old 18 September 2007, 21:51   #2

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
Can one of you Suzuki DF140 owners please tell me what the service intervals are please. I am particularly interested in the early services. My understanding from other posts is that the first service is at 20hrs but I cannot find what happens from there on.

Thank you
Defi one due at 200hrs.
Old 18 September 2007, 22:24   #3

Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
I'm a second hand owner so can't tell you about the first service. I'm not at home until the end of the week so can't check the service history. At the moment I service as suggested by my dealer and thats every year. It says every 100 hours in the book and I was worried I would go over that in a year but I heven't quite yet. It would appear that the impellor is changed as reuired and it is recomended at 200 hours, that was done on my last service, and some sort of belt is changed at 300 hours. That will be the next service for me.

Hope this helps.

NR.
Old 19 September 2007, 19:22   #4

Town: Newport
Make: Avon Rover 3.4
Length: 3m +
Engine: Merc 15hp F/S
Thanks for the replies guys. I was confused about the history of an engine I am looking at but now understand the situation better. Cheers
Old 19 September 2007, 20:21   #5

Town: Milford Haven
Boat name: Various
Make: Commercial
Length: 10m +
Engine: Screw / Voith / Jets
Send a message via MSN to Alex Brown
Hello Paul,

20hrs from what I remember is first service when they change out the first set of oils, filters etc... and just generally check the thing is running ok. There is an intermediate after that, but I am servicing approx every 100hrs, or year and a half, whichever is sooner. My engine is currently in for its 4th service nearly 5 years on, and approx 275hours on the clock.

When I get the bill tomorrow I'll let you know what they did!! I know one thing for sure will have been the impellor since the engine hasn't been shifting enough water recently and we think it was due to one of the fins missing or something, but again, will find out tomorrow.

You about this weekend? - good swell coming in, so I'll be out on Sunday for sure

-Alex
Old 21 September 2007, 12:01   #6

Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
The Df 90 - same block more or less as the 140 needs a 20 hour first service and then at every 100 hour interval. When you turn the key the tacho will show the number of hours by moving the needle for 2 or 3 seconds to the appropriate rev mark. i.e. 1000 rpm means 100 hrs done, 2000rpm means 200 hrs etc. The suzzy diagnostic kit that dealers have will tell you how many minutes the engine has been run in each of the rev ranges e.g below 1000, 1000 to 2000 etc up to 6000+. Useful info for a second hand purchase.