Old 13 September 2007, 16:00   #11
Town: clyde
Boat name: searider
Make: avon
Length: 4m +
Yeh think you are right Nos - it was probably trimmed too high as it was a bit of a sketch getting it on the plane with 5 on board - wasnt too bad with just 2 - couldnt really tell how fast it was going or what I should expect from an old 40

a mate of mine took a video with all of us on board - dont know if you would be able to make anything of it with regards to setup?

OLDSR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2007, 16:08   #12
RIBnet admin team
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Thats actually quite impressive. It looks about right trim-wise considering someone was in the bow and was certainly going well for 5-up with a 40hp! They are only rated for 4 people if I remember correctly.
Mine would do 34mph with 3 people, 38 with 2 and 44 with just me onboard (gps was mph only)
It's probably faster without a fat git like me in it now

Your gear cable is way too long though-(I expect you already know that)
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2007, 16:33   #13
Town: clyde
Boat name: searider
Make: avon
Thats good to hear Nos! As I say it was the first time out so dont really know what to compare it to and dont have gps so dont have a clue how fast it was. With 2 on board it made a huge difference - well I say 2 but probably more like 3 as iam 20+ stone so probably beat you in the fat git stakes:-

Didnt throw it about as iam still cutting my teeth on it - felt a bit skittish up front with 2 on board and got a bit of a wiggle on when hitting a bit of chop but no doubt more confidence will come with experience!

Yeh I know the control cables are too long but wanted to make sure the engine worked before I splash out 50 on new cables - along with the battery and extra stuff I will now need to get its added up to quite a bit considering it was a cheap boat and engine - didnt quite realise how much all the extras would be but am much happier now getting out for the first time with no dramas!
OLDSR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2011, 05:25   #14
Originally Posted by jyasaki View Post
Thanks man. You just save me alot of time.. Do they have custom made lights that can adjust their dim?
euhero987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2011, 06:24   #15
Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Wow. the search engine obviously works!

Welcome to Ribnet!
9D280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2011, 10:29   #16
Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Hmmm. I was wondering why a 4 year old thread showed up again. Turns out it was because of me.

Hero; I have no idea what they offer. There are a bunch more LED replacement bulbs on the market now vs. 4 years ago, though. Also, more LED strip lights, spot modules, flood modules, etc. Sort of depends on what you want to use them for.

jyasaki is offline   Reply With Quote