Old 03 February 2015, 12:26   #11
Town: Chicago
Make: N/A
Length: no boat
Engine: N/A
Just would like to share a funny story about that engine I bought the other day. Turns out it had been on a water mouse originally, and then the fellow who owned it had it run dry (I'm assuming he meant dry of oil with clean gas) by his kids. Whole thing seized up, and the shop he sold it to spent about a grand completely rebuilding it since the outside looked spotless. Turns out I got what's pretty much a brand new 2-stroke motor. Didn't know this originally because it'd been sold to another outboard motor shop (and then another) before coming into my hands, and they never told me its story. Sometimes there are such things as luck. Only found this out because I decided to google its serial number.

kestrel452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2015, 09:08   #12
Length: 10m +
Kestrel; Did you get the Seabright? We picked up the 460 this past spring. Will only have taken it out a third time this coming weekend but loving it so far.

I know this is an older thread but I came across it from a search and really like the dolly idea for the engine.

My wife and I can transport ours just fine but recently I had been talking about taking my youngest out fishing at the coast and the problem is that I would be getting it all setup solo since he's so young. The obstacle is the engine. I can lift the weight but the issue is the awkwardness of the engine. Already pulled a muscle in my back trying to lift it by myself once.

The wife encouraged me since I've figured out a way on every other deterrent we've come across. It's a four-stroke and I know I can't haul it like you have it but it definitely gave me some good ideas to see if I can make something work.

Neuner is offline   Reply With Quote