Old 25 January 2003, 22:12   #1

Town: St Martins
Boat name: MATRIX
Make: Jeanneau Leader 805
Length: 8.05
Engine: Volvo KAD 43 Diesel
[QUOTE]Originally posted by crazyhorse
[B]Alan ,dont take this the wrong way,you have to admit that seeing that The Depsol sponsore your exploits ,you would be mad to say ,Hay listen folks its a load of old crap wouldnt you, therfore your in a difficult position on this matter.As no matter which way you want to go it is a possibility that your recomendations can be construed incorrectly.

If you read Clives book there is constant reminders that the iridium sat phone they had sponsorship for constantly took time to hook up to so giving sponsorship doesnt always give you a good review. I also helped set up the MBM fuel additive test which they cocked up as far as Soltron was concerned so it didnt get a great review altho the MIL filtration test that we paid for at the same time proved it did but they failed to report that properly. I had to prove to Alan that Soltron would work for him as there are 50 additives on the market, why should he take my word for it that Solton was the one for him. I gave him factual evidence which was enough for him to facilitate a trial.

Testing engines is a big job and interpreting results is a complex process.The egzample given is not scientific but are ones feelings on the subject.We all know the higher the horsepower to weight like on a SIB the harder it will be to determin the actual benefits gained if any of a fuel additive?

Your right it is a big job and why would Yamaha agree to have an additive used in the fuel for SOC if it ment that it could have an effect on there enginewhich could end up making them look bad. We work with several of the engine manufacturers to make sure they are happy it doesnt cause any effect on their equipment. Those of you who visited the boat show will notice that Ber Grylls RIB also carries the Soltron logo, we did not ask him to use it CAT asked him.

I feel its difficult and if Depsol can provide any clinical trials with your personel recomendations then that will do for me,and I will be using the product from day one.

Yes you are sceptical most humans are but the evidence I sent to Alan in order to get him to use it was a full report from Queens University of Belfast who did tests for all of its properties and were happy to sign of that it worked. And no we did not sponsor them!!!.

Quote from Dirk...Must admit I am interested in any factual claims you have for the product.
The problem is with quoting Mr A as a egsample it could be construed as there may be a little incentive for him to be a little biased towards the product.

Is there any scientific stuff we can have a look at?

You both have use of the web do a search for soltron and Queens University of Belfast This should provide you wuth results as I am not faxing stuff to every guy who is interested in using it. Did you get a lab report on your engine and RIB before you bought/buy it no you take peoples word and you do a trial if u dont like it u dont buy it. I am not forcing it on anyone and cant stand being asked for factual evidence when people cant be bothered to look for some evidence or just give, off the cuff, criticism, without thinking about the reason behind it..

The recomendation and egsample of its savings does leave a rathere large margin for error dont you think?

WHAT??? What bit are you on about the fuel savings, QUB proved that it saved fuel but doing a test is always difficult as you can never do the same trip twice as there are too many variances like sea conditions speed course tide wind air temp etc etc. sorry to sound a bit cheesed with you guys but i get fed up with silly comments. As you will have seen on a prev thread I have replied with facts to proper questions.

To criticise Alan and say cos its free you are bound to say its good. Beleive me for the cost of it Alan could hve easily paid for it himself and saved the cos of stickers and web reports etc etc work it out its not that expensive its not as if we gave him thousands of pounds to use it or recommend it. It is a safety feature and as Alans concerns about safety are high it is another reason why he used the product.

It all depends on how much concern you have for your boat engine and safety as to whether you decide to use the product or not. I dont push it on anyone actually if you come to Guernsey I give the first lot away free so people can make up here own mind.
Old 25 January 2003, 23:23   #2

Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +
Good reply Dom.
Old 26 January 2003, 06:24   #3

Town: Hilton-of-Cadboll
Length: no boat
Quote:
you would be mad to say ,Hay listen folks its a load of old crap wouldnt you
From what I know of AP, he most certainly would say it was crap if he thought so!

Well DepSol I think that your reply made it 'game, set and match'.

Keith (sounds good to me) Hart
Old 26 January 2003, 09:56   #4

Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +
Quote:
Originally posted by Keith Hart

Well DepSol I think that your reply made it 'game, set and match'.

Ever the diplomat Keith, well said, could not agree more.
Old 26 January 2003, 10:24   #5

Town: Hamble
Length: 9m +
Depsol

Interesting last post from you, I have never doubted the product.
As I said in an earlier post I have used it myself.

However, in your post you mistakenly put a quote down to me, when it was infact from Crazyhorse.
Old 26 January 2003, 11:45   #6

Re: Depsol

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirk Diggler
Interesting last post from you, I have never doubted the product.
As I said in an earlier post I have used it myself.

However, in your post you mistakenly put a quote down to me, when it was infact from Crazyhorse.
Apologies.

Got a bit confused when cutting and pasting.

Dom
Old 26 January 2003, 12:06   #7

Town: Blackpool
Boat name: To Exi
Make: new sib 4 man
Length: 8+ft
Engine: Mariner 4hp long shaft
Thanks Mr Depsol for your responce,

I will come back to you, There are a number of points I would like clarification on,and the examples you have used are by no means conclusive.

It also seems that this isnt the first time a boating forum member has been a little suspect about claims that fuel additives manufactureres make?

See

http://www.kansaswindpower.net/PRI%20lab_tests.htm

It also seems there is a argument to keep changing ones brand of fuel additive on a regular basis? and sometimes not use one at all,so I have a little homework to do but I will answer your comments in due course.

Thanks for your responce,just dont drink all the Champagne not just yet.
Old 26 January 2003, 12:32   #8

Town: Aberystwyth
Boat name: Undecided
Make: Undecided
Length: Undecided
Engine: Undecided
Why not just buy some and try it for a while to see if it gives you any benefit? It's not exactly expensive is it?

Matt
Old 26 January 2003, 12:33   #9

Every one has the right to be suspect, I was first time I saw Soltron and if I remember rightly so was Alan.

You REALLY need to know your stuff before coming up with rubbishy links like that. FYI the Soltron formula in America is different to that you get in Uk/Europe, the european version is the subject of more tests and R&D, but your quick search for negativity wouldnt have found that. Also if you search the web long enuf you will find negative stuff about anything, even the most popular or best products, if someone has not used it correctly or has a problem with it it will get bad results or it could be someone who just slags off the competition!

Now if you had your facts right AGAIN then you would know that you change your fuel additives regulary when you are using a BIOCIDE as the bug can build up an immunity to biocides. Soltron is not a BIOCIDE it is an ENZYME but your probably skipped that bit when you were looking for negative information. Enzymes work differently and CANNOT be compared to Biocides.

Errrr you dont have a little homework to do you have a LOT of proper RESEARCH to do before you start wasting my time again with half hearted attempts please.

BTW I dont mind you using DepSol but my name is Dom as I put on the bottom of all my posts, thanks.

Dom (still swigging back my champagne)
Old 26 January 2003, 12:37   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by narked
Why not just buy some and try it for a while to see if it gives you any benefit? It's not exactly expensive is it?

Matt
Matt people like this ( I would use his proper name but he doesnt seem to let it be known) will not buy it or use it, they have made up their mind and nothing will change it, you just have to keep listening to their attempts at giving it a bad name.

Nice idea tho.

Dom
Old 26 January 2003, 13:37   #11

Town: Blackpool
Boat name: To Exi
Make: new sib 4 man
Length: 8+ft
Engine: Mariner 4hp long shaft
Mr Depsol I have been fair with your product at this stage and it seems I am not alone.

Dont assume Guys like this?Do you mean guys that question a Soltron agents Claims?

Im against people being led like sheep and being taken in if at all possible,this is a forum for all not just for your oppinions.Im not saying your product is no good, Im just trying to see what good it may be and by how much it will cost to implement it,You have made claims for its benefits to us and as far as Im concernd ,thats your right to do so.

It is obviouse to me that othere companies will demonstrate there products with as much enthusiasm as yours.

Its is pritty revolutionary product if it adds significantly to one fuel range dont you think?

Its easy to make claims for something thats difficult to define or prove against.Ie who is interested for £8.00 a bottle. I am sort of.
Im sure it may help with emmisions,seeing as I have a bodensee std engine then thats my lot for the green lobby.
Im interested in two things that will make me use it on a regular basis and if you can provide me with any independant results that show that it can give substantial savings as a result of Depsol being added, then you have sold a bottle.

1x increase in fuel economy. Realistic
2x Making my fuel a better quality. So giving my engine longevity and more power.

Thanks for your time on this matter.

|Ps Im not sure wether your wasting my time at this stage Dom?
Old 26 January 2003, 20:48   #12

Guys like this

When I say guys like this I dont mean people who question a product, I am open to questions of any nature but when they form the basis of an 'its crap until you prove it to me otherwise' nature and the reasoning behind is more anti than neutral it gets a bit tiresome.

So do you walk into a car showroom and say what mpg does this car do and the salesman says 39 urban do yrou take it for a test ride and if it doesnt acheive this figure then say the car doesnt work? Or if it quotes a top speed and you cant acheive it does that make it crap also? Do you give every one this much greif that you buy stuff from?

Do you test the quality of your fuel before it goes in?

I am not an agent thank you very much, I get involved with soltron at all levels from HFO to MGO in engines boilers generators and power plants. I get involved with items I cannot even speak about as they are highly classified and if you knew half the companies that have Soltron in their fuel you wouldnt question it. You are benefiting from the use of Soltron every day and you dont even know it.

What proof do you want? In what format and by whom? So are you telling me the word of AP, various marine engine manufacturers, two fuel companies, various domestic engine sppliers, powerstations, racing drivers and mechanics is not good enough or enough proof for you?

I am not bothered if you buy it or not and the ime I have given you I could have spent with someone who is genuinly interested in learning about the product or I could have been reading other threads and answering them or learning something from the answers.

Its also funny how you want all the answers and proof for everything from other people but you dont even give out your name or location or anything really about yourself, thats not really polite is it?

If you try it and cant find any benefit yourself then I will give you your money back, try to be honest about the results tho and remember I did not sell it to you, but am willing to refund you if you think its rubbish, ok, cant say fairer than that can I?

Dom
Old 26 January 2003, 21:04   #13

Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Length: 8m +
Engine: GM Diesels
Dom,
so is an "enzyme" a living thing? it sounds kinda organic!

As I said in an earlier post, I use it in my diesels, but it is almost imposible to tell if there's any performance increase, I'm just glad of the anti-bug bit.

I think a boat is probably the hardest place to prove anything either way as the goalposts move with every minute!

Jon F
Old 26 January 2003, 21:09   #14

True it is hard to tell you have to do long journeys like AP did or put it on a constant running test bed like QUB did.

Yes best ref for an enzyme is saliva which breaks down your food before digestion as Soltron breaks down crud in fuel before combustion.

Too many people think economy economy economy but if you add the other properties to it its worth it on thoise alone. ask anyone who has had the bug woth they have paid to have there tanks cleaned out, Soltron is cheap by comparison.

Dom
Old 26 January 2003, 21:13   #15

Yeah, I would think the place to be for "absolute" proof of any treatment, which, by the nature of the beast will only be a small change, is a dyno/test bed.
Does it get rid of, or absorb water at all?

PS. I've seen the "bug" in action and I agree, it's a bastard
Old 26 January 2003, 21:15   #16

We have been told up to 13% but diff to say really
Old 26 January 2003, 21:18   #17

Sorry, 13% of what?
Old 26 January 2003, 21:22   #18

And what do you think of the inhouse looney?
Old 26 January 2003, 21:22   #19

13% of water in fuel but cant substantiate the claim.

Dom
Old 26 January 2003, 21:26   #20

Oh well, it's the bug that I want to keep at arms length, my water separators should deal with the H20