Old 15 July 2010, 07:39   #1

Town: Tenby
Boat name: O.C.D.
Make: Highfield
Length: 5m +
Engine: Honda 100
Mariner 60 service question

Hi

I have twin 60 2stroke Mariners circa 1997, they are both due their annual service which i was thinking about doing myself other than last time out i got a beeeeeep noise from the control box. After searching here i think i have found that its the over heating alarm. There was plenty of oil in the tank, and there was a tell tale coming from the engine, not a jet but solid and it was only warm and not hot.

So does that mean its just the sensor and i should just replace it and service it myself? Or do i get the services done my a mariner dealer. Also if i do get it serviced at the dealer, do i tell him about the problem or just see what he thinks?

thanks
Old 15 July 2010, 11:00   #2

Town: Surrey
Length: no boat

Disconnect the sensor and that will give you an answer . wait for the alarm to come on then disconnect it . if it remains on then you have another issue , if it turns off immediatelty then u know MMMMM sensor issue or bad wiring etc. check all your engine grounds . they are really easy engine to diagose . try find your problem before becoming a parts changer .