Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 04 January 2009, 11:16   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Length: 6m +
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,015
Davida vacuum gauges or simular

I want to buy a set of four/three balancing gauges for carbs.Done a search but cant find anywhere that actually sells them at around 80 can any help.I have seen Morgan gauges but the machanic asked for Dial gauges.Any direct links or phone numbers or names please.Thanks
__________________

__________________
PeterR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 January 2009, 12:00   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: Angel-B
Make: Ex Y boat
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki 9.9HP
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterR View Post
I want to buy a set of four/three balancing gauges for carbs.Done a search but cant find anywhere that actually sells them at around 80 can any help.I have seen Morgan gauges but the machanic asked for Dial gauges.Any direct links or phone numbers or names please.Thanks
Did you mean to say 'anywhere that sells them for less than 80?'

Plenty of places at around 85 (65 for the 3 way), eg:

http://www.cwylde.co.uk/product.php?xProd=77
http://www.customlids.co.uk/accessor...ida_guages.htm

Full list of Davida stockists here:

http://www.davida.co.uk/dealers_country.php?id=76

There's a cheaper alternative here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CARB-CARBURETTOR-VACUUM-BALANCER-GAUGE-2-4-CYLINDER_W0QQitemZ280270952777QQcmdZViewItemQQptZU K_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item280270952777&_trksid=p 3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1299|66%3A2|65%3A12|39% 3A1|240%3A1318

or here:

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productInfo.aspx?catRef=501011

But Davida have the best reputation.

Or you could look second hand:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DAVIDA-VACUUM-GAUGES-use-with-SUZUKI-HONDA-YAMAHA_W0QQitemZ140292206073QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item140292206073&_trksid=p32 86.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1299|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A 1|240%3A1318

Or else try a copy of Motor Cycle News.

Cheers

Chris
__________________

__________________
chris123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 January 2009, 12:08   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Length: 6m +
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,015
Thanks thats briliant The price is what i was told they would be about and i could only find one company that sold precision made 316 s/steel ones(I,m not very good you see on the computer)I will now look through the list and order from the most conveint place .Thanks again
__________________
PeterR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 January 2009, 12:20   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: Angel-B
Make: Ex Y boat
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki 9.9HP
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterR View Post
Thanks thats briliant The price is what i was told they would be about and i could only find one company that sold precision made 316 s/steel ones(I,m not very good you see on the computer)I will now look through the list and order from the most conveint place .Thanks again
Ah, they are not 316 stainless steel - they are a mix of brass and copper alloy (for the vacuum retaining bits) and carbon steel (mounting plate etc).

http://www.davida.co.uk/type.php?id=gauges

I doubt you would be able to get them in 316 (do they need to be?)

Cheers

Chris
__________________
chris123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 January 2009, 12:46   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Length: 6m +
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris123 View Post
Ah, they are not 316 stainless steel - they are a mix of brass and copper alloy (for the vacuum retaining bits) and carbon steel (mounting plate etc).

http://www.davida.co.uk/type.php?id=gauges

I doubt you would be able to get them in 316 (do they need to be?)

Cheers

Chris
Hello Chris,What youve shown me is perfect .The ones i mention in stainless was all i found on google and not what i wanted.The ebay ones are the davida ones would be ideal however the plan will be to use them this coming weekend so will order from a shop .Thanks again. Although if any members have a set they would like to sell me at a fair price i would be happy to buy them
__________________
PeterR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 January 2009, 13:07   #6
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterR View Post
Hello Chris,What youve shown me is perfect .The ones i mention in stainless was all i found on google and not what i wanted.The ebay ones are the davida ones would be ideal however the plan will be to use them this coming weekend so will order from a shop .Thanks again. Although if any members have a set they would like to sell me at a fair price i would be happy to buy them
The ones sold by M and P are also available as a bank of 4-I've got a couple of sets of them here and they are quite good-but the plastic damping screws in the lines go brittle and snap after a couple of years.
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 January 2009, 13:12   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Length: 6m +
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
The ones sold by M and P are also available as a bank of 4-I've got a couple of sets of them here and they are quite good-but the plastic damping screws in the lines go brittle and snap after a couple of years.
Do you want to pm me the price and are the plastic screws ok at the moment Thanks Peter
__________________
PeterR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 January 2009, 13:20   #8
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterR View Post
Do you want to pm me the price and are the plastic screws ok at the moment Thanks Peter
Sorry, not selling them as I use them regularly-was just pointing out that there's a cheaper option than paying for new Davida gauges.

They are actually identical to the 34.99 ones on ebay.
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.