I've had my head in the console all morning fiddling with fuel pipes, Filter, bulb and sender unit. What I found was a little interesting.
First thing I did was strip out all the hose from the tank to the flow sender.
The first observation I made was that the fuel pickup pipe comming out the tank was made from copper and as such had deformed from the clamping force of the jubilee clip that was holding the hose on (wasn't tight when I removed it). My thoughts were a restriction in the line causing possible fuel starvation problems at WOT and air entering the system at this point.
First I tried to remove the fitting but was impossible to do so as it was filled with gel-coat
I wouldn't have minded replacing this with a stainless tube, but there is another fitting gland I could use behind, so I'll be phoning up Osprey on Monday and asking them for another compression fitting.
To reform the pipe I used a selection of drill bits from 5mm dia though to a 7.9mm one and pushed them down the hole wiggling it as I went. I then connected the hose back up between the pickup tube and filter using two jubilee clips to spead the load a little more (fingers crossed).
Next was relocating and refitting the primer bulb, I had to alter the hose tail configuration on the filter body. The filter was partly drained and blanking plug + fitting were swapped over using liquid thread sealant as I went. Then new pipe was cut to length and fitted to the primer bulb this was all connected up using jubilee clips. The other side of the primer bulb was connected to the Fuel flow sensor.
All was primed up and ran the engine giving the primer bulb a few gentle pumps to help air out of the system. I ran the outboard for 10 mins and in this time I noticed that as I pumped the primer bulb that some petrol was leaking from around one of the connectors (part of bulb). So these were replaced with jubilee clips too.
I also noticed that the fuel flow sensor had no output (was working fine before) and I hadn't even touched this part other than to remove and reconnect the hose. So this might still need some attention. I might go down to Fairweathers later and buy a spare fuel primer bulb.
So to sum up, I'll be taking her out for a run tomorrow now. The fuel flow sensor isn't working properly, but a good run might clear it.