Originally Posted by Nos4r2
That would be a spectacularly daft thing to do.
I can see 2 problems with that several problems with that.
1 glycol mix isn't as lubricating as oil,
2, There one thing glycol isnt and thats conductive, we use it to cool magnetrons in work, and the glycol is in contact with both ground and 2000 volts on the magnetron, and no current flows.
unless some nobbur mixes it with tap water,(we use DI water) then there is a spectacular amount of corrosion.
pure water isnt conductive either, electrical pylon insulators are pressure washed with deionised water....LIVE! at 500000volts!
so i fear if you use tap water the inside of you trim unit will corrode, and if you use DI water then it wont make any difference.
I will have to agree with the spectacularly daft comment at the moment