Old 11 November 2017, 16:31   #1

Town: South East
Make: Waveline V SIB
Length: under 3m
Engine: Mercury 25hp
iPhone/Safari image upload issues - fix

I've spent the best part of today downloading software and different browsers so I can upload photos here on rib.net and still it's not possible I continue to get JPEG image upload fail this is a real shame and is going to limit my posting and participation here unfortunately, I don't understand why it's made so hard to load photos here I'm on various forums and do not have this problem there! I wanted to post my review of Bodium boat station here on this forum but no photo upload was possible again! So here's a link to it on the bushcraft forum:
Bodium boat station is a nice location on the river Rother in East Sussex for SIB boating and camping

https://www.thebushcraftforum.uk/thr...08/#post-71027

Old 11 November 2017, 16:46   #2
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Hi Lee, sorry you're having problems with photo uploads. As far as I know it isn't a general problem, and I see that you did manage to upload a test photo a few weeks ago.

There are a few ways of adding pictures. Can you let us know exactly what you're doing and what happens when you try?

Are you still using a web browser on an iPad?
Old 11 November 2017, 17:28   #3

It's a shame John, I've tried nearly all afternoon. I got a test picture up before using and old phone with a 2mp camera phone running android browser but I don't have that phone now, all pictures I take have been with a iPhone or ipdad I've even moved these images to an android devise and Windows and tried to load on their browsers but it still will not work, I've installed several apps on the iPad to resize images to 1200 x 1200 and they will not load I even reduced them to 500x500 I think it's the fact the photos are from iPad and iphone but it's to much to take pictures from a digital camera then put them on a laptop as I use the iPad and phone for browsing, I will try a image resizer app on a new android phone as the old 2mp has gone now, but I'm at the point of giving up.
Old 11 November 2017, 19:14   #4
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee1 View Post
It's a shame John, I've tried nearly all afternoon. I got a test picture up before using and old phone with a 2mp camera phone running android browser but I don't have that phone now, all pictures I take have been with a iPhone or ipdad I've even moved these images to an android devise and Windows and tried to load on their browsers but it still will not work, I've installed several apps on the iPad to resize images to 1200 x 1200 and they will not load I even reduced them to 500x500 I think it's the fact the photos are from iPad and iphone but it's to much to take pictures from a digital camera then put them on a laptop as I use the iPad and phone for browsing, I will try a image resizer app on a new android phone as the old 2mp has gone now, but I'm at the point of giving up.
Lee I am fairly sure the problem is NOT a resizing issue - others manage with ipads/phones without resizing. But John's questions really make a big difference to us being able to guide you:
- browser or app?
- which OS version?
- if browser is it the standard Safari or Chrome etc?
- if app is it rib.net or the native tapatalk? and is it the latest version?
- what error do you get when it fails?

If you have not already tried it then the App makes for the simplest experience on a mobile device.
Old 11 November 2017, 19:41   #5

Town: Montrose
Boat name: Ruby Blue
Make: Honwave & SW4800cc
Engine: Mariner 15 & 60efi
RIBase
I have a friend sends me jpg pics from an Ipad, they will not display on my smart tv or open on my pc - UNLESS - I set pc to show extensions then rename and add the missing .JPG extension. For some reason it would appear that my mates Ipad does not add the extension so the TV/PC doesn't know what it is.
Old 11 November 2017, 21:45   #6

It makes sense I think the problem is the apple format of the pics as I got it to work on android once I set the smart phone to low quality image mode, I'm using safari browser on an ipad (not an app) when I've got time I'm going to clear all the caches, reset all browser settings remove all other apps, clean all the old memory and fully reinstall, update iOS etc and have another crack at it, if it still doesn't work I will try on the new android, phone with Firefox browser. Peed I wasted hours today on it, funny thing is I use to build websites lol but this has me beat! I'm sure it's an apple software issue.
I'm also going to try the app now!
Old 11 November 2017, 21:53   #7

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9545.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	122671

Test picture using app
Old 11 November 2017, 21:56   #8

Haraaaaaa sorted!!!!!

I shall use the app, a setting came up on the iPad saying allow rib.net app access to photo storage, so it could be security setting using the ipad, others security apps or safari!
Old 11 November 2017, 22:07   #9

If admin want to remove all the non Bodium boating posts in this thread I will edit the first original post i.e remove the other forum link and will I post up the pics from Bodium boating station in that post sorted!
Old 11 November 2017, 22:24   #10

I see that I cannot edit the first post as it's timed out, if admin want to delete this whole thread I will re post it

Tags
sib