Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 02 November 2007, 16:32   #11
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,829
I've never really done anything to try to manipulate the search engine results, rather concentrating on building a good site. All this "we're top on Google" stuff is just a bit of meaningless trumpet blowing really

RIBnet is generally pretty well placed on search results, but there's always room for improvement. I'll certainly have a look at vBSEO!

Cheers
John
__________________

__________________
John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 November 2007, 16:41   #12
Member
 
Andy Moore's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cowes, Isle of Wight
Boat name: TiLT 2
Make: Avon Adventure 620
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 135
MMSI: 235032203
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
I've never really done anything to try to manipulate the search engine results, rather concentrating on building a good site. All this "we're top on Google" stuff is just a bit of meaningless trumpet blowing really

RIBnet is generally pretty well placed on search results, but there's always room for improvement. I'll certainly have a look at vBSEO!

Cheers
John
Other sites linking to RIB.net push it up the list, don't they.

Oh, I remembered my two most favourite RIB meta words of the moment:

FLAT BATTERY
__________________

__________________
RIBnet: now available on Facebook!
Andy Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 November 2007, 19:48   #13
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Aye
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 November 2007, 11:07   #14
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Tell you what I do miss on this forum, is a clicky button next to the reply (or similar) at the bottom that refreshes the page to the top, so when youve come to the end of a thread, one click and you can see the directory, at the top of the page and then choose where to nav to next, saves all the scrolling.

Ok typing all this has really tired me .. i'm off for a lie down
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 November 2007, 12:37   #15
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,829
Do you mean like a "Back" button?

I've got the centre button on my mouse configured to do that, so it hadn't occurred to me. Could be useful though.

John
__________________
John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 November 2007, 15:04   #16
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
Do you mean like a "Back" button?

I've got the centre button on my mouse configured to do that, so it hadn't occurred to me. Could be useful though.

John
I suppose it is John..... to be truthful, some of my mice have scroll wheels that do the same job, but on a long thread you have to spin it three to four times to get back to the top, whereas on other bulletin boards I use ,there is a 'Top' button at the reply line of every post, that only takes one click to whizz you right to the top of the thread, damn handy for us lazy gits (No I dont mean anyone over the pond )
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 November 2007, 15:08   #17
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Portishead/Falmouth
Make: Ribeye
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
I suppose it is John..... to be truthful, some of my mice have scroll wheels that do the same job, but on a long thread you have to spin it three to four times to get back to the top, whereas on other bulletin boards I use ,there is a 'Top' button at the reply line of every post, that only takes one click to whizz you right to the top of the thread, damn handy for us lazy gits (No I dont mean anyone over the pond )
*pssst* bottom right of the page 'Top' link!
__________________
alexm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 November 2007, 15:32   #18
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm View Post
*pssst* bottom right of the page 'Top' link!
Arrgh that one was too hard for me to find alexm, you must be a mathematition or summat? I'm not good with symbols < >^% and all that you see....

"garF ..you can have that fkin guide book back!"
__________________

__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.