Old 20 April 2010, 06:57   #11

Boat name: Seashell
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Inboard diesel
Uptake has very low compared to what I thought it would be despite some extensive google advertising.

Old 22 April 2010, 15:29   #12

Town: fareham
Boat name: Barracuda
Make: Solent
Length: 9m +
Engine: 300 Suzuki
JM Yachting Calais trip

I was actually one of the skippers that went across the channel, we had a great crossing and then the problems started. I would just like to say that no money was exchanged by passengers at any time, they were brought back for free. There has been a lot of rubbish writen about this trip but I can assure everybody on here that we had a great time at the hands of the French police, immigration, port police, harbourmaster ect which lasted for 4 hours. If you are thinking of taking your rib across the channel even for recreational fun make sure you take all the paperwork for the rib and your qualifications. Luckily James from JM Yachting had all the right paperwork for each boat in a wallet issued to each skipper of that rib which the port authority went through like a dose of salts. This is just a cautionary tale but if you get the chance to do it, then one life live it Gary

black mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2010, 01:57   #13

Town: swanwick/hamble
Boat name: stormchaser
Make: custom rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: inboard/diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by black mafia View Post
I was actually one of the skippers that went across the channel, we had a great crossing and then the problems started. I would just like to say that no money was exchanged by passengers at any time, they were brought back for free. There has been a lot of rubbish writen about this trip but I can assure everybody on here that we had a great time at the hands of the French police, immigration, port police, harbourmaster ect which lasted for 4 hours. If you are thinking of taking your rib across the channel even for recreational fun make sure you take all the paperwork for the rib and your qualifications. Luckily James from JM Yachting had all the right paperwork for each boat in a wallet issued to each skipper of that rib which the port authority went through like a dose of salts. This is just a cautionary tale but if you get the chance to do it, then one life live it Gary
boaters come and go into french ports everyday and it doesn't take 4 hrs to clear customs, normally there are boat workers jumping on and off of boats this time of year all over the place, if they took 4 hrs every time there wouldn't be much cruising going on, they may have been nice chaps but they still achieved what they set out to do, give you guys a hard time.
some of my lot got people from the channel islands, no problems there with customs