We are currently looking for a skipper for our rib, 'Natural Explorer', to operate from the Natural Retreats site at John O'Groats.
Making the most of the stunning location, the Rib Boat Skipper will have the knowledge and ability to take guests on “Sea safari” trips to see the wildlife and scenery, whilst continually ensuring the safety of all crew members and guests.
The number of trips will vary from 0 up to a maximum of 5 in a day and are available to both residents and non-residents. Trips will last up to 2 hours and are dependent on the weather. Due to the nature of the role and being reliant on weather conditions we cannot guarantee the number of trips. Whilst ashore the role includes managing the on-going maintenance of the boat and associated equipment. There is also a requirement to spend time in the Outfitters discussing the Rib Boat experience to our guests and day visitors and generating interest in the local community.
Experience and Qualifications
Someone who has studied and understands the tides and weather conditions and the interaction of the two in this special body of water, Pentland Firth, is required.
- Considerable experience required due to the location. 1000 + sea hours experience
- RYA Level 2 powerboat/RYA Powerboat advanced.
- HSE Approved First Aid qualification which covers drowning, hypothermia and shock
- Commercial endorsement of the Powerboat qualification named Professional Practices and responsibilities (PPR) which covers sea survival.
- Possess a Seafarer Medical Report
- STCW 2010 (previously STCW95) trained would be ideal.
- Good existing knowledge of sea life and birds that can be found on the North Coast
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org