MCA master 200gt oral
Here are some of my questions from the MCA MASTER200gt oral exam in southampton there may be some questions missing these are the ones i recall.
1.asked if i had seen barograph before explain what it is, then he said it had dropped very sharply why?
2.pointed at stevensen screen and was asked to explain how it works ect.
3.asked about crew agreements.
4.asked about towage contracts and salvage LOF ect.
5.asked about MARPOL and garbage management tonnage of vessels to which it applies ect.
6.told that i was on vessel leaving from portsmouth going to caribbean what are my preperations.
7.then you are in navarea 2 you hear a distress, what are your actions.
8.name some sources of met info.
9.what are your Preparations for heavy weather?
10.LY2 explain what it contains.
11.various radar plots, construct W.O.A triangle 3 times then rule 19 restricted visiblity various situations,
vessel on starboard quarter in restricted vis then vessel forward of beam starboard.
12.bouyage-prefered channel marker IALA A + B lateral bouyage ect.
13. lights and shapes- RAM, fishing with outstending gear 150m+, CBD, what actions from me as PDV.
14. me in tss in large ship, another vessel crossing from starboard what are my actions, stand on or give way.
15.what is GM talk about list and loll whats the difference, what is the minimum GM? 0015M ect.
16. given hand held orange smoke signals, how do you operate it i show him and say read the label first. One has a red bottom to
it the other has a blue bottom what is the difference? i say none.
17. VAriation deviation what are they and how are they applied CDMVT TVMDC ect.
18. shown chart and points to tidal diamond what is this? then what is (M.S) mud and sand Then (brk.sh.st) broken shell stones. asked
why i needed to know the nature of the seabed. Shown compass rose asked to explain what it is.
19. he gives me a trick question now, what dayshape does a sailing vessel show, i say none you can see that she is sailing from the sails
and i say if she is under power as well she will exibit a motoring cone.
20. more table top ships lots of different situations.
21. smarty board lights, towing, RAM, CBD, trawling, fishing actions as PDV ect
22. explain the definition of CBD
at this point he put a stamp on my N.O.E and continued to quiz me on more bouyage and ROR while he filled out the NOE then told me i had passed
and continued asking questions on bouyage, ROR ect he then finished up by giving me a debrief on how i did in the exam, he said i thought you did well.