Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01 October 2010, 16:59   #11
chewy's Avatar
Country: UK - England
Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,217
Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
just as a point of interest i had a meeting today with RNLI manager and RNLI educators we no longer need CRB checks for our work within schools or other educational facilities. Cant quite see why you would need them,unless you are working unsupervised with children or youths.
For some reason, crew don't need them but if you want to work in an RNLI shop you do?

chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 October 2010, 06:55   #12
zookeeper's Avatar
Country: UK - England
Town: Greatstone
Boat name: timanfaya 2
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 75
MMSI: 235079206
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 119
thats in case you have an previous for stealing fridge magnets or tea towels... its all a bit odd, tea towel anyone?

zookeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 October 2010, 11:51   #13
RIBnet supporter
Jizm's Avatar
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hissing Sid
Make: Ross Smith Cobra
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200HP Optimax
MMSI: 235038046
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,803
I have just had one as I work for a college now. Took a while but a legal requirement for education so the employer paid for it. Some of my contractors have to have it aswell depending on which part of campus they work on.
Jizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 October 2010, 18:31   #14
m chappelow's Avatar
Country: UK - England
Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Length: 3m +
Engine: tohatsu
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,310
i visit schools /youth groups as part of my work for the RNLI and out of around 130 visits or so , ironicaly,,only once have i ever been asked to show my c.r.b ,
the same school also wanted a risk assesment longer than the gettysburg address just for bringing a Dclass inflatable onto a school field,

RNLI policy is that there has to be at least 2 other adults present when doing education work,, we also work on the basis if the teacher goes out of the room ,,,we go too .
m chappelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 October 2010, 07:57   #15
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset
Boat name: 4PLAY
Make: Tohatsu
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard
MMSI: 235083189
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by 250kts View Post
How easy to arrange?
How quick?
How much?

As an employer, would you expect employee to arrange and pay or meet the cost yourself?

easy but takes some weeks for the documents to come through probably not need them unless coming into contact with children or v.adults alone. I work with disclosuresdotcodotu on 08718 727 800 they can answer questions and take care of applications online for small requirements.

topsplodge is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:41.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.