As some of you will already be aware, we've just started to release details about next year's event. The main points are as follows:
1. Our plans for 2016 are fully-funded
2. We have permissions in place from all ports and venues
3. It will be run as a formal race
4. There will be international television
5. There will be commercial supports for teams
6. The dates for next year's race are: Sunday June 12th to Sunday June 19th
7. The race will run with an opening weekend in Cork, a closing weekend in Dublin and the Wild Atlantic Coast of Ireland in the intervening week.
8. We've been closely informing our relevant UIM national authority about our plans, including full details of how the event is now financially underwritten.
9. Entry fees are NOT necessary to ensure the race goes ahead.
As is normal for such events, we're organising a Teams Meeting.
Aside from an opportunity to meet with your fellow teams in a social setting (and get some early Christmas shopping in!!!) this will be a chance for you to hear directly about next year's great race, and to ask any questions you might have. We'll also be opening our entry window on that day, and we already have 25 teams stating that they wish to race. Here are the details:
Friday 20th November 2015
Embassy of Ireland, 17 Grosvenor Place, London, SW1X 7HR
Capacity is limited so it's essential that you advise us in advance of your planned attendance. (We won't be able to accommodate anyone who arrives on the day without being on the official attendee list)
The Embassy is located at the corner of Grosvenor Place and Chapel Street (the entrance is actually on Chapel Street). The nearest tube station is Hyde Park Corner on the Piccadilly Line (4 minutes walk). This line also serves Heathrow Airport. The next nearest is Victoria on the District, Circle and Victoria Lines (6 minutes walk). Victoria is also a mainline railway station that serves the south and south east of England. Car parking is available close to the Embassy at Victoria Station, Carrington Street, and Audley Square.
We're extremely honoured that the Ambassador of Ireland to Great Britain is hosting us at this meeting. Next year's race will be special in many ways, not least of which being the exceptionally warm welcome all of you will receive in Ireland. This is therefore the perfect location to begin our journey. We do hope that you can make it.
If you wish to attend, please PM me here or email:email@example.com