Old 13 April 2005, 17:07   #11

Town: Pagham Harbour
Boat name: Scallywag
Make: Arran 16
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu
Fiona

This a great idea glad you are keeping well.

Martin Curry

Old 13 April 2005, 17:17   #12

Town: Southampton
It was good to see you recently so sorry we never had time to chat. Hope to catch up over the year.

I knew if I got on the site again I would get addicted! he he he!! but it's nice to keep in touch - will never forget 'my' grass roots of Offshore and RIbs!!
Whilst in South Africa your name was discussed - 1.3lt Worlds!!! How could any of us forget!! I think that is where our worlds next year will be - Cape Town and for 2007 either UK, Namibia or New Zealand.

x

Old 13 April 2005, 17:17   #13

Town: I.O.W/Bristol
Boat name: HotShot
Make: shakey
Length: 5m +
Engine: 70hp Tohatsu
Thanks Fiona! my write up is going painfully slow!

So am I right in saying that one could buy a zapcat with the zapcat race regulation engine, race it in the zapcat series and it would still be valid to race in the thundercat series?!

Cheers

Tim
Old 13 April 2005, 17:23   #14

Town: Pagham Harbour
Boat name: Scallywag
Make: Arran 16
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona P
It was good to see you recently so sorry we never had time to chat. Hope to catch up over the year.

I knew if I got on the site again I would get addicted! he he he!! but it's nice to keep in touch - will never forget 'my' grass roots of Offshore and RIbs!!
Whilst in South Africa your name was discussed - 1.3lt Worlds!!! How could any of us forget!! I think that is where our worlds next year will be - Cape Town and for 2007 either UK, Namibia or New Zealand.

x
Always happy to lend a hand if I can and we must catch up soon.

Martin
Old 13 April 2005, 17:25   #15

Tim, you can bring your gemini, 50hp engine as per Zap cat series rules and race with us anytime or just come and join in one of our fun days out and training sessions, where you can test with safety boats on the water - we are doing that this saturday at Lee-on-solent and on sunday going to Yarmouth for lunch - cost is 20 inc lunch per boat just to help with the safety guys fuel who are donating their crafts and time - thanks guys!! Just do me one favour come and join us when there isn't a Zap Cat race on - I'll have hell to pay for that and get accused of poaching their drivers and I dont need that hassle - the UK is big enough for everyone. x
Old 13 April 2005, 17:28   #16

Sounds good Martin - email me at work fiona@m2mracing.com with your contact details! You would enjoy the crowd we have, really fun team!
Old 13 April 2005, 17:34   #17

Thanks for the info Fiona. I obviously wouldn't want to get you into trouble, just wanted to find out about the logistics of doing both series and only having to fork out for one boat! The Thundercat series certainly sounds like it could be excellent fun!

I may try and make the Ventnor event to take photos, although its quite expensive for me to go back home to the island as I'm doing it the weekend before as well.

Best of luck with all the planning. I will compose my email in the next few days.

Cheers

Tim
Old 13 April 2005, 17:39   #18

Give me a call Tim as I'm sure I can sort a ferry crossing from Portsmouth to Fishbourne out for you free of charge!! might even be able to fit you in for accomodation with the lads if you dont mind roughing it slightly.... Good laugh the boys are! Always like a photographer around
Old 13 April 2005, 18:05   #19

Fiona, legendary!

Not sure about the uni work around that time yet. When not at uni, I live on the island so accomodation wouldn't be a problem for me, thanks for the offer though. Ferry offer sounds good though! Thanks!

I'll be in touch.

Tim
Old 13 April 2005, 19:16   #20

Boat name: STROKER-1
Length: under 3m
'smelly feet'!

'TIM' - i've seen the state of your socks back at Yarmouth that day - please don't think for one moment that you're going to go anywhere near my accommodation or bunk with those monsters !

Seriously though - are you able to come out this weekend ? If getting out of central Southampton is a problem for you, i am sure there is a lift available coming from that way, over to Daedalus - call me.

-VENTNOR- You are very welcome to join my enterage on the Friday 6th May when we leave Gosport with some of the safety crew +kit to Portsmouth for the ferry to the Island and we will be returning on the Sunday after the clear up has been completed.
Your camera skills would be a great asset to the whole event.
I have to agree with Fiona's comments re the comradery between the entire teams and officials - it is totally wicked.
Saturday night is party night - be prepared - be VERY prepared.

**WARNING**
One word of warning for you.........just because you are a student, please do not think for one minute that it would be good fun to try and keep up with Fiona where drink is involved ! 'YOU WILL NOT WIN' - - - LoL

Talk with you again soon Tim, all the best, John.

07970 344610