Old 30 October 2010, 21:45   #1

Town: Westcoast sweden
Length: no boat
Need input on choice of boat

Hello folks,

Making a long story short, im a speed junkie, and proud of it,
but since i crtashed my aprilia rsv a couple of years ago, and not gone back to motorcycles due to financial and other interests coming in the way.
Some things have now changed.

And since me and my famely have a summer house 5 miles of coast, and boats has always been a part of life, mostly thou in the slower reagions. Ive decided that im going to get my speed adrenaline fix satisfied on water instead.

So,
in short, im looking on the options in RIB's now. Havent been riding to many ribs, so my knowledge is very limited on the subject, althou, the ones i have been in have had a very nice handling on calm waters, aswell as rough seas. Therefore, RIB is a good option.

So people, give a helping hand on looking at what models could be interesting,

Why im posting this in the race forums ? Probably because im moore interested in the speed then the "going for a cruise" type of RIB.

1 Rule to the option of boat.
It MUST be able to cope with a 250hp yamaha, because ive already bought that one =/
Old 02 November 2010, 11:15   #2

Town: Coventry
Boat name: Eco XR24
Make: Eco-Marine
Length: 7m +
Eco XR24?

We'd be pleased to build a new Eco XR24 to your spec. The hull shape is the same as the Osprey XR24, which was a fast boat with a great reputation (various threads on this site). Quite a number were built as race boats. We've designed a new internal structure to make it a light-weight boat and the design has now been approved by the RYA. A demo boat is currently being built. www.eco-marine.co.uk
Old 03 November 2010, 01:02   #3

Town: Stockholm
Make: KR7
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude 150 H.O
Talk to Petrov at www.grandrib.se or you can find him as a member of this forum to.

And he can find what you look for, donīt just look what he have on his page... He have good contacts. And a osprey should fit good on the westcoast.

What Yamaha do you own? a 2-stroke or...
Old 03 November 2010, 06:33   #4

Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zejt View Post
It MUST be able to cope with a 250hp yamaha, because ive already bought that one =/
lol
Old 05 November 2010, 09:53   #5
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zejt View Post
So people, give a helping hand on looking at what models could be interesting,
Revenger, Ring, Pascoe Sport RIB, Phantom Evo, K4+, Bananshark are a few of the sportier options, in approximate descending order of likelihood of finding one second hand. Do you have a budget in mind? If you're looking for a new build then there may be some different options.

Are you sure you want a RIB? You'll almost certainly go a lot faster, cheaper with a hard boat.

Whetever you get, I'd recommend a day or two with Neil Holmes learning how to drive it properly.
Old 05 November 2010, 13:13   #6

Town: swanwick/hamble
Boat name: stormchaser
Make: custom rib
Length: 8m +
Engine: inboard/diesel
you're right John but he hasn't given much to work with, it would be good to know if it's just speed, or ski, dive, family, seats, buget, realistically he should be looking for 7.5 plus to take the engine he's already got.
if he wants just speed revenger, ballistic, ring, but give us more information, it's a bit like saying i want a fast car, where do you start?