Click Here to Login

Old 14 March 2006, 15:47   #1

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Yoda & Obi Wan
Make: XS700
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 HP
Vote for the worst customer service ever

Here is your chance to vote for the biggest rip off company and worst customers service ever, while warning others not to make the same mistake as you have.

The company I stupidly registered my domain name with 6 years ago, trades under the following names

Business Serve PLC,
Legend Internet,
Designer Servers,
KB Media,
Vital ISP,
DomainnamesGb,
Pipemedia and
Legend Communications plc

Intrestingly it does not matter which department of which of their five advertised regional offices I call I seem to end up talking to a guy in support who has a fairly standard answer- "It will be fixed tommorrow."

I could rant on here for hours but I have plenty other forums and chat rooms to warn.
Old 14 March 2006, 16:06   #2
DJL

Make: Ribcraft 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF175TG
Doug, have you tried transferring the domain to another registrar?
Old 14 March 2006, 16:52   #3

Boat name: Yoda & Obi Wan
Make: XS700
Engine: 200 HP
Transfer

Yes transferred hosting 2 yrs ago to a company called Compila following reccomendation from another forum member. Compila have been fantastic, I could not ask for a better service.

I decided at the time to leave the registration with the old company until it was nearly up.

Wrote to them and emailed them twice in the last month as did Compila to hand over reg to the new company, they ignore all contact, then reg runs out.

Unfortunatly you can not pass over registration of an expired domain name so I had no choice but to pay registration to the company I did not deal with.

I pay the fee then they do not re connect, keep saying it will be fixed topmmorrow. Currently have no email and no website up and no one at legend interested in helping fix the problem at their end. From what Compila tell me its should take one click of a mouse by legend to fix it.

The reason I left in the first place was long down time, hundreds of lost email and lack of interest by the company at fault- at that time business serve PLC.
Old 14 March 2006, 16:54   #4

Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Length: 5m +
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Welcome to the world of VISPs (Virtual, Internet, Service, Providers)

One internet provider with several resellers all selling the exact same package re-branded.

Steer clear of VISPs in my book - the resellers have no expertise at all - and the service provider is nearly always understaffed and under resourced.

I have had all my websites registered and hosted by www.supanames.com - they are first class and I have had only a couple of issues over the years all of which have been sorted out.
roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2006, 17:37   #5

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
While we are at it - to keep it a bit nautical - how about Mailspeed - ironic sort of name if there ever was one!!!

Have bought loads of stuff off Ebay and never a problem - is it too much to expect a similar service of a well established British chandlery?

Only ordered a few things - say about £250 in total - stuff started coming through in dribs and drabs - apparently they then decide to charge it toi your card when despatched instead of getting just one bill you end up with loads. it must cost them a fortune in postage costs - sending stuff one item at a time - what a way to run a business.

When a woman there phoned me I asked her why their website didn't say if items were in stock or not - she got quite stroppy with me and said they had far too many products to do that!!! Argos seem to manage!!!
Old 14 March 2006, 18:04   #6

I agree - I used to buy stuff from Force4 and their mail order is a shambles as well - stuff takes ages to come - no communication - its all wrong when it gets there - etc...

I must admit they do sort everything out in the end but I strongly recommend giving them a wide berth if you are in a hurry for something.
Old 14 March 2006, 18:42   #7
Now back to being Mollers!

Town: Arundel
Boat name: Mike Bravo 1
Make: Scorp
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yanmar 300
Dales Mitsubishi, Summercourt, Cornwall. Had a leaky bleed off rail on my L200. Rang them on Friday to check availability, Nick in parts said that he could get one for Monday. Thought OK, 3 days off the road was no big deal, so chucked the old rail in the bin. Monday came and went with no call from them, rang them this pm to be told that they are now expecting it on the 27th!!! No apology or kiss my a****.
Old 14 March 2006, 18:57   #8

Town: Cornwall
Make: Waveline
Length: under 3m
Engine: Yamaha 2.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice
Dales Mitsubishi, Summercourt, Cornwall. Had a leaky bleed off rail on my L200. Rang them on Friday to check availability, Nick in parts said that he could get one for Monday. Thought OK, 3 days off the road was no big deal, so chucked the old rail in the bin. Monday came and went with no call from them, rang them this pm to be told that they are now expecting it on the 27th!!! No apology or kiss my a****.
They are the reason I now drive a Toyota and not a Mitsubishi.Will never use them again!
Old 14 March 2006, 19:06   #9
Now back to being Mollers!

Town: Arundel
Boat name: Mike Bravo 1
Make: Scorp
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yanmar 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by randski
They are the reason I now drive a Toyota and not a Mitsubishi.Will never use them again!
Are Parklife at Carland Cross any good? Don't you find it a bit of a struggle pulling the Rib behind the Yaris?
Old 14 March 2006, 20:07   #10

Town: I.O.W/Switzerland
Boat name: HotShot
Make: shakey
Engine: 90hp Tohatsu TLDI
DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS don't ever buy anything in DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS DIXONS.

What an absolute shower of sh*t they really are.
Old 14 March 2006, 20:53   #11

Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
them fkkrs at 1st wave are a bunch of nobbers!
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2006, 21:09   #12

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Just out of interest guys...

In what way did Mailspeed and Force 4 fall short of your expectations.... I mean in particular the delivery time?

And Tim, what's your gripe with Dixons? Is it just the TV you had trouble with last year?
Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2006, 21:17   #13

Delivery time was over a week or ten days with Force 4 and when the order came some of it was missing and some of it was wrong.

in fairness on their site they do state "We aim to despatch goods in stock within 3 working days, and deliver to you within 28 working days." but IMO 28 days doesn't cut it in the mail order industry anymore - most companies can manage next day or at least 2 day deliveries as standard now.

and lastly they did not attempt to communicate any of the delays to me by email or phone. they new they were part shipping my order to me - a switched on mail order company would contact you if an item is out of stock and give you the option to cancel and order else where if you are in a desperate hurry for the goods.

Lets face it - good boating days are few and far between enough without missing them because parts you ordered didn't turn up when you wanted them.

Stepping off soap box.......
Old 14 March 2006, 21:46   #14

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B
Just out of interest guys...

In what way did Mailspeed and Force 4 fall short of your expectations.... I mean in particular the delivery time?

And Tim, what's your gripe with Dixons? Is it just the TV you had trouble with last year?

Mailspeed

Hardly any of my order in stock
Took 4 parcels to get my small order over a 2 or 3 week period - rescue ladder still on backorder.

Spoke to woman on phone and when I asked why the shopping cart on their website didn't show what was in stock she said "we've got too many products"!!! Wonder how every other site manages? Shouldn't let you order if not in stock!!!

In contrast ordered my NVGs off some Russian on Ebay who couldn't speak any english - arrived next day!!!
Old 15 March 2006, 04:18   #15
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Bike Treads in Swindon.

MOT tester decided he didn't like my bike so left the lights on til the battery was flat then failed it because he couldn't check noise levels.(test took an hour-usually under 15 minutes.)

They also have a habit of failing bikes with Micron pipes as the tester won't believe that microns are BS stamped-insists that the BS plates are forgeries, even on new pipes.

Avoid them like the plague, there's a huge catalogue of dangerous fuckups by them...
They left a spacer off a front wheel spindle after fitting a new tyre and lost a large internal shim from my mate's xs1100 rear end. They said they were never there in the 1st place, even though his front disk was touching his n/s fork and the back wheel was moving 3/4" side to side when we left.

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2006, 09:45   #16

Town: Cowes, Isle of Wight
Boat name: TiLT 2
Make: Avon Adventure 620
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 135
MMSI: 235032203
The winner has got to be MFI.
Old 15 March 2006, 10:06   #17

Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Moore
The winner has got to be MFI.

Got to be, bought new kitchen and bathroom for an extension last year, builder took longer than forecast (surprise ) when we assembled, 1 unit had no drawer fronts, rang MFI told that because delivery was over their time allowance they wouldn't send replacements. Asked for a price for a replacement set of drawer fronts, "sorry, you can only buy the whole unit."
I may not use them again
Old 15 March 2006, 10:28   #18

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Funnily enough, I did some work in MFI's complaints department a few years ago.

It was a very busy office!
Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2006, 10:32   #19

Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B
Funnily enough, I did some work in MFI's complaints department a few years ago.

It was a very busy office!
Yea but that was just people complaining about you
Old 15 March 2006, 10:52   #20

Town: Port St Mary
Boat name: No room for a name
Make: Honwave 2.7 ie
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda 5
Never had a problem with Mailspeed Marine , always good service and had the goods I needed, at a good price.

However TOWSURE are c---p Incorrect goods, never tell you if the parts are in stock or not and if you complain the service gets ( if it's possible) worse.