Click Here to Login

Old 12 July 2009, 19:36   #1

Town: Near Godalming
Boat name: AJA
Make: Ribeye
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha F150AETX
The pleasures of Portsmouth....!

This happened today, posted on a car forum, I've pasted it here because exactly the same thing happened to a friend of mine, in the same area, a couple of months back. Maybe road rage in Portsmouth is on the increase?

"Just took the wife and the 2 boys out for a lovely day out in Portsmouth.
The sun was shining all was well with the world.
Set off back home around an hour ago, the kids all cosy in the back of the car.

The day then took a severe turn for the worse - just before turning onto the A3 some lunatic in a beat up white piece of junk skidded in front of my car cutting me up and screeched to a halt, blocking my car.

The guy then got out of his car - red faced and howling at me. I have literally no idea why or where he came from.

He then ran upto the car and started tugging at the door handle and screamed "get out of the f**king car". Thankfully the automatic door locking thing was enabled so he couldn't get access. He then started thumping the side window next to me with his fist - I'm amazed at the strength of them, I have no idea how he didn't smash them.

My 2 year old in the back started screaming and fortunately I had the presence of mind to fling the car in reverse and make off through a series of red lights to get away from the lunatic. Not before he'd given the rear haunch a real old kicking, leaving it covered in dents and footprints. Not a pretty sight, but as my wife reminded me on the way home - it's better the car's bruised than me.
I've considered ringing the old bill to let them know, but I can't see them helping much, and we never got his plates. Although we have a pretty decent set of prints on the window!

I'd only ever read about people experiencing this kind of thing before and let me tell you, it's bloody frightening especially with your family in tow.

I'm sure this isn't typical of porsche ownership as I've had a few now, but it's incredible what thugs there are about.

My tip - if you're driving through Portsmouth, keep the red light on next to the central locking button!

Now - I need a stiff drink!"
Old 12 July 2009, 20:33   #2

Town: Fareham
It's everywhere, not just in Portsmouth.

My instruction to my wife should this happen to her, is to back up and run the twat over in making your escape and go to the nearest Police Station.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2009, 20:50   #3
exspyrd trayd membir

Town: inn wiliks hed
Make: Redbay 6.5
Engine: Twin Etec 90hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilda View Post
just before turning onto the A3 some lunatic in a beat up white piece of junk skidded in front of my car cutting me up and screeched to a halt, blocking my car.
Quote:
The guy then got out of his car - red faced and howling at me.
Quote:
He then ran upto the car and started tugging at the door handle and screamed "get out of the f**king car".

probubly a polisman wontin too giv im a tikkit.
Old 12 July 2009, 20:52   #4

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
I live no where near Portsmouth but I booked my car in last week to get the windows tinted lightly with security film.
When I was younger I had a a battered old Volvo try and block me in a parking space, the lads got out the car and I made a very sharp exit followed by them. Luckily I and buy decent tyres as they managed to blow one out whilst chasing me round streets.

After that I carried a set of mini flares and a flick out style trucheon. Did have a baseball bat but it made some pasengers wary when it was sat on the back seat.
Old 12 July 2009, 21:06   #5
RIBnet supporter

Town: Hants
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp plus
Bet you will glad when July ends and the new month starts.
I would actually tell the bill as clearly you have been lucky and it might stop another unlucky person. If you report the damage they could get the local forensic guys to you to check your car but they wont if you dont tell them.

Let us know the the type of junk it was as I travel in and out of Portsmouth regularly
Old 12 July 2009, 21:12   #6

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
Your best reporting it. I think think the boot prints are only valid for a few days though?
Old 12 July 2009, 21:58   #7

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy View Post
I think think the boot prints are only valid for a few days though?
If I landed mine on those guys .. mine would be well within their 'useby' date

Someone tried tailgating my wife recently, but the nonce did it outside a polis station ,, some of those guys arent too clever
Old 12 July 2009, 23:09   #8

Town: Near Godalming
Boat name: AJA
Make: Ribeye
Engine: Yamaha F150AETX
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2 RIBS View Post
Bet you will glad when July ends and the new month starts.
I would actually tell the bill as clearly you have been lucky and it might stop another unlucky person. If you report the damage they could get the local forensic guys to you to check your car but they wont if you dont tell them.

Let us know the the type of junk it was as I travel in and out of Portsmouth regularly
Sorry, I didn't make it clear - this didn't happen to me, but a mate of mine.

You're right though Ian, if it had, I think I'd never want another July again!!