Town: Aberystwyth
Boat name: Undecided
Make: Undecided
Length: Undecided
Engine: Undecided
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard B
Let me guess... rhythm and blues?
Doesn't matter what anyone else was playing, my heavy metal would be louder anyway!

Though I do also listen to quite a lot more "pleasant" music, not just stuff like Metallica, Megadeth and Iron Maiden! As long as it's got proper instruments, I don't mind it too much.
Old 03 July 2003, 23:00   #43

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
I think we'll delete that one... We do have standards to keep, don't you know!
Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 July 2003, 23:00   #44

Town: Blackpool
Boat name: To Exi
Make: new sib 4 man
Length: 8+ft
Engine: Mariner 4hp long shaft
Nt Nt folks.Sweet dreams. Taraa

Oh Stuart your booked out for a meal on the 18th at 8pm with DM and wives ect + others for the poker run weekend if anybody else wants to join us friday night in Southampton for a chinese. and a gas,
Old 03 July 2003, 23:07   #45

G'night all

(did someone mention coffee a little while ago?)
Old 04 July 2003, 00:09   #46

Town: St Martins
Boat name: MATRIX
Make: Jeanneau Leader 805
Length: 8.05
Engine: Volvo KAD 43 Diesel
Re: Who You going to Biff ?

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyhorse
Hi Dom Seems your getting a hard time on there as well as Alan I have just had a look.

Who you going to Biff then? Maybe we could organise a National Boat Biff ?

See the Soltron Priddy thread

see http://www.ybw.com/cgi-bin/forums/po...Cat=&Board=mby
You call THAT a hard time. Jees you need to see it when its really bad. As for H1 wake me up when it becomes a challenge!

You have to understand the YBW banter a bit to know who is really giving you a hammering and who is just having a larf, they are a good crowd ya know.

Dom
Old 04 July 2003, 02:03   #47

Town: Berks
Boat name: Iditarod
Make: Regal
Length: 6.5
Engine: Mercruiser 4.3 alpha
Re: Re: Who You going to Biff ?

I'll second that

If ya don't know the banter and whose doing it, it can look a bit personal sometimes, but that's cos we all know each other, and often meet up. Most of the regulars have met face to face.

If you want to wind Dom up, just mention the little French rock he lives on

Quote:
Originally posted by DepSol

You have to understand the YBW banter a bit to know who is really giving you a hammering and who is just having a larf, they are a good crowd ya know.

Dom [/B]
Old 04 July 2003, 07:33   #48

Brendan

If you do your history you will find out that we are more english than you are all thanks to the duke of Normandy.

Or if you turn it around it could be the big french rock you are living on!

:

Dom
Old 04 July 2003, 08:14   #49

Town: Douglas Isle of Man
Make: Osprey
Engine: Suzuki 70hp 4 stroke
MMSI: 235035776
The Manx politicians (and nationalists) call the big French rock "The Adjacent Isle". Never 'the mainland'

Our parliament has been around longer than Westminster!

When Smily Tony Blair hands you all over to the Eurohordes, you'll all be wishing you lived on the little French rocks or this big Viking stronghold.

Great thread though, really solved my insomnia!

Let em stay, they're great fun!

Jon
Old 04 July 2003, 08:32   #50

Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Length: 8m +
Engine: GM Diesels
OK, so what's so bad about the word 'twat', where I come from it's a fairly polite way of telling someone they're a fool!... which I STILL think Mike Garside is for threatening violence on an internet forum, it hardly shows the disciplined, adult approach that he so loves about ribnet, does it? so maybe I did bait him a little, but that was after the 'violent outburst' and I admit 'revvvvving' you fellas up is quite good sport, but thats coz your throttles are so easy to play.
As for the alleged cause of the 'outburst' it's not much of an open forum, if no one is allowed to actually have an opinion other than that of the administrator, or one of his cronies (to use mikes own terminology) my issue is/was, with AP's 'full of himself' attitude, I'm not the only person on here to say it, and I can assure you there's loads more ribnet members who think it, but don't say it publicly! am I to take it then, all these people are now not welcome on this forum because they don't like AP's attitude? even tho' most, including myself, admire the actual achievements! Sounds like a police state to me. all IMHO of course.

Surely if anyone wants, or is going to 'biff' me on my hard nose, it should be AP himself, not his dad!
Old 04 July 2003, 08:56   #51

Jon,

No apology then? i am surprised!

Looking at the situation from arm's length, I can understand that you don't consider calling someone a four letter name to be offensive, but that's for you to decide what language is appropriate. Not everyone will agree upon your choice of language, but one's social skills generally choose appropriate language at particular times.

From the other side, you felt that Mike's comments which you call a "violent outburst" were perhaps inappropriate? Having briefly met Mike, I don't consider him to be a violent man, and personally think that his comments were melodramatic and so ridiculous that they couldn't be taken seriously. C'mon, he did refer to a zimmer frame, that points to acknowledgement of a bit of humour surely?

Please consider this as a neutral olive branch thrown down between you. For gawd's sake, please could one of you pick it up, but don't hit the other with it!
Old 04 July 2003, 09:19   #52

I could write this two ways….

JF You are a complete TWAT!

Or I could say

JF, I don’t totally agree with you and do feel that you do advertise yourself in a way that could actually annoy other forum members by the way that you respond.

……so which would you prefer, an explanation or abuse?
Old 04 July 2003, 09:23   #53

Pepper,
To suggest 'twat' is a 'four letter name in the normal context of 'four letter' words, is being just as melodramatic as you say mike is! so, be it right or wrong in your eyes, no, I will not be apologising! and I think mike is the one most likely to see your 'olive branch' as a weapon, not me!

Also, with respect, to suggest my social skills are below par, when we're talking about a man threatening violence on an internet forum is frankly laughable!
Old 04 July 2003, 09:26   #54

Depsol,
maybe you'd like to make such a nice job of compiling two versions of mike's 'threats of violence' that will make fantastic reading!

P.S. your almost constant use of phrases like 'you're talking bollox!' on the YBW forum is a good example of your social skills and controll of the english language don't you think!
I'm not sure you're the right person to be 'acting headmaster' do you?

This really is going nowhere fast, I came on to state my case, not to apologise for mocking someones ridiculous outburst!

Old 04 July 2003, 09:28   #55

I give up!

I'm off to organise going out in my boat.

Remember boats, those things that float on the water with a noisy petrol-gobbling thingy at the back?
Old 04 July 2003, 09:32   #56

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard B
Remember boats, those things that float on the water with a noisy petrol-gobbling thingy at the back?
no, no, no, you want a noisy diesel gobbling thingy(s) at the back!
Old 04 July 2003, 09:42   #57

LOL

I am not condoning Mike threats I just think that there are sometimes better way of doing things. I wont even start to iron out Mike Gs threat as it would take too long but it was a reaction provoked by your comments. As I say I am not condoning it.

Look at it this way you say Alan is always full of himself and got the t shirt blah blah blah which annoys you. The same can be said of yourself giving short responces to people and calling them Twats. You could come across as full of yourself as you disagree with them but don’t give a proper explanation as to why you disagree so no-one understands where you are coming from.

I know that you are probably very experienced in your field but you may need to relay this in what you are saying not just what you are thinking. Give people the benefit of your experience, they will not think you are bigheaded or full of yourself they will respect you for your knowledge and wisdom.

As for the word Twat it may not be a swear word and it may indicate someone is a fool but the verbal expression because it starts and ends in the letter ‘T’ makes it short blunt and more offensive than fool.

Dom
Old 04 July 2003, 09:50   #58

I fail to see what explanation is needed for 'you blow your own trumpet too much', which is how I worded it many times before words like twat were ever used! so the polite method obviously doesn't get listened to by those with a 'very high opinion' of themselves! if nothing else, the use of the word twat, does seem to have got peoples attention LOL
Old 04 July 2003, 10:36   #59

Town: St Mawes
Boat name: Magellan Zulu
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2 x Suzuki DF150
MMSI: 235094135
I have just put down the phone after a call from John Kennett. I have been told, albeit very politely, to back off.

In response to my reason for rounding on Messrs F & D - namely that they were trying to wreck his web site - he has told me he disagrees. Indeed, he added that he considers their contribution to the Forum to be healthy and not unwelcome.

Fine, so be it. I'll pipe down.
Old 04 July 2003, 11:17   #60

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
JF, no sides taken in the following comment.

Your use of twat is rather offensive. Whilst you may use it in a light way, it other parts of the country it is use to refer to a ladies genital area, much the same way as the word beginning with a c and ending with a t. So, perhaps you have been unaware of the connotations in your banter.

JW.