Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 22 February 2009, 18:50   #21
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: Pembroke
Make: Tornado
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 70
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
While I would defend the right of people to smoke if they so wished
Trouble is, I think that's the main argument for legalising heroin et al.
__________________

__________________
Anthony22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2009, 19:02   #22
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony22 View Post
Trouble is, I think that's the main argument for legalising heroin et al.
And why not? Would YOU take it? The war on drugs was lost a long time ago - legalise the lot and it would drop the crime rate by about 70%!!!
__________________

__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2009, 18:20   #23
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: Pembroke
Make: Tornado
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 70
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
And why not? Would YOU take it? The war on drugs was lost a long time ago - legalise the lot and it would drop the crime rate by about 70%!!!
I wouldn't, but then again I'm a model citizen.

Legalise it and there will be more users, therefore more addicts, therefore more people having to fund their habit. Do you suppose those that commit crime to fund their habit are suddenly going to find the money by legalising it?
__________________
Anthony22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2009, 18:34   #24
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony22 View Post
I wouldn't, but then again I'm a model citizen.

Legalise it and there will be more users,
There wouldn't be if users had to register as an addict to buy it.
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2009, 20:29   #25
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony22 View Post
I wouldn't, but then again I'm a model citizen.

Legalise it and there will be more users, therefore more addicts, therefore more people having to fund their habit. Do you suppose those that commit crime to fund their habit are suddenly going to find the money by legalising it?
There will NOT be more users - when heroin was still legal back in the 1950s there were only a tiny handfull of users.

Petrol is perfectly legal - how many people sniff it?

Just look at prohibition in the USA in the 1920s. That's when all the gangsters became famous - al capone and the untouchables etc. They all had to move out when booze was made legal again. it literally caused havoc - why don't they learn from their mistakes???
__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2009, 20:30   #26
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
If drugs were legal they would be dirt cheap - you don't get people breaking into house for a sugar fix do you?

People would grow their own and all the drug dealers would go bust overnight!!!
__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2009, 13:34   #27
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: Pembroke
Make: Tornado
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 70
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
If drugs were legal they would be dirt cheap - you don't get people breaking into house for a sugar fix do you?

People would grow their own and all the drug dealers would go bust overnight!!!
All hail Codprawn. King of b#llsh#t.

I wasn't talking about heroin specifically, but drugs in general. How do you suppose people will produce their own cocaine or ketamine? Perhaps people will take short cuts and mix in paracetamol with ecstasy? That'll go down well.

If drugs were legal, the government would add on a large amount of tax so the end price would probably not be much different.

Nos - if people had to register, do you think people really would? Ergo the situation would remain relatively unchanged. Also, a user is not necessarily an addict.
__________________
Anthony22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2009, 14:46   #28
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony22 View Post
All hail Codprawn. King of b#llsh#t.

I wasn't talking about heroin specifically, but drugs in general. How do you suppose people will produce their own cocaine or ketamine? Perhaps people will take short cuts and mix in paracetamol with ecstasy? That'll go down well.

If drugs were legal, the government would add on a large amount of tax so the end price would probably not be much different.

Nos - if people had to register, do you think people really would? Ergo the situation would remain relatively unchanged. Also, a user is not necessarily an addict.
King of bullshit eh?

Nice logical argument there.

There are plenty of people who think the same - they just haven't got the balls to do it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...Critchley.html
__________________

__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.