Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 21 January 2006, 11:13   #41
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2
I might be putting my money with gArfie's at this rate.


The pair of you stop behaving like 2 year olds PLEASE!
You know what this thread is about. Nobody forcing you to read it.
__________________

__________________
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2006, 12:04   #42
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
You know what this thread is about. Nobody forcing you to read it.
I wasn't aware that it was started specifically for you and Riva to have a bitching match. Oh well, we live and learn.
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2006, 12:34   #43
Member
 
Nasher's Avatar
 
Country: Other
Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Ocean & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzi DT200EFI, DT9.9
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,147
Mmmm....

What was I saying!

Guys, perhaps you can do as offered and finish this on the phone so the rest of us don't get involved in your petty, childish argument.

Nasher.
__________________
RIBBED For extra pleasure.
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Member of the Bombard 380 Aerotec club
Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2006, 12:55   #44
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher
....and all users should be grown up enough to accept they have chosen to partake in a public forum.
Unless you don't agree with it.., eh Nasher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher
..Guys, perhaps you can do as offered and finish this on the phone so the rest of us don't get involved in your petty, childish argument...
If you donít want to be involved, donít post. Not too difficult a concept is it?
__________________
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2006, 13:05   #45
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
If you donít want to be involved, donít post. Not too difficult a concept is it?
No, oh mighty one. Please forgive those foolish people who dare to darken your days with their posts requesting peace and harmony. May your cutting remarks and thread hijacking continue, and sarcasm to all those who stand in your path.

Umm, I have an idea! Weather is unseasonably good at the moment, and hey, this is a rib forum! Let's all go ribbing! There's certainly a cruise in the solent tomorrow, and I'm sure many more impromtu ones could spring up, so let's enjoy the sunshine, and go live some real life. Jono, you're more than welcome to join me on Stevie (Stu's searider), as it all looks set to be a fun day in the fresh air. (That's me thread hijacking now!!)
__________________
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2006, 13:29   #46
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Everlong
Make: Botnia Targa 27
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD44
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 475
this thread has turned into an unresolved issue between jason and jono so has bugger all to do with me, but want to add my tuppence worth none the less.

Looking back at the orginal thread, I supported jason (and still do) because I know what his involvement in the engine testing was, that he has no axe to grind over the different engines and that the cock ups in the testing were not his responsibility. Moreover, I know from personal experience that he is a decent bloke who is about as far from the image painted by jono as it is possible to get.

That said jono, I can see your point over this and its mainly to do with the fact that on rib.net jason uses a form of english not seen since the year 1314 in a small isolated hamlet in rural northern england.

I think the reason that this started in the first place and the reason it has escalated to the point it has now is more to do with jason's turn of phrase and how the way he speaks translates into his posts. I hope j doesnt mind me saying this (if you do I'll shut my gob and crawl back to my hole), but he is never going to win a booker prize for his writing skills and what would be a perfectly reasonable comment over the phone or in face to face conversation may not appear to be so balanced on a three line post on rib.net! Hence, from your perspective, some posts in the orginal thread may have appeared to have been rude, belligerant etc etc....

What we need is a translating machine for RIVA and here's an example of how the last post may have looked after going through it!:Jason's text in black, translation in red.


i put you just wont let things lie, now the way i see it thats a fact and becomeing pretty boreing .

I know that this issue is still important to you, but in my opinion it is becoming boring for many people

now if you as a man have realy truly got a problem with me as a person , then perhaps you should take it up with me . in person and leve it of here .
because its a lot like kids in the play ground realy.


If you have a genuine issue with me, come and talk to me about it directly as the current thread has become a bit childish and may be souring rib.net a bit for others. I'm happy to meet up or talk about this.


now if you want to dicuss further then p.m. me your mobile and we can arrange to meet.and sort it out. i am sorry you think i was rude but i dont .thats it realy a total diffrance of opinion you have yours and i have mine and the two will not meet .

We clearly have a differing opinion and I am sorry if you feel I was rude, but perhaps this is best sorted out over the phone or in person.


This is all IMVHO opinion and here's my suggestions:

Jono, next time your down south, pop in to JBT and have a chat with RIVA about this, thrash it out, chew the fat and hopefully you may have a different opinion of him at the end of it Even if you dont, this thread will have been closed and you can agree to disagree.

Jason, stop posting on ribnet and sell my fking boat. Once you have sold it, you may feel the urge to post, so when you do, make sure you get that gorgeous girl in the office to translate it into 21st century english first!
__________________
donutsina911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2006, 14:00   #47
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,830
Hey Donuts, you don't happen to speak gArfish as well do you?

John
__________________
John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2006, 14:20   #48
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Length: 6m +
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,015
I do enjoy reading your Posts Jono,Always to the Point and Often right.I wish i had your quick whit and the time you have.
__________________
PeterR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2006, 14:25   #49
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
Donuts... your humerous explanation has indeed hit the spot. I came back on-line spoiling for a fight and you took the wind out of my sails somewhat..Thank you.. I take my hat off to you.....

Jimbo.. thank you for your offer.. but having spent today mucking about with my boat trailer, I'm short of brownie points for tomorrow.... and before anyone starts on the "man or mouse" thing.. I know who wears the trousers in my house...and it ain't me....

Peter.. I wasn't sure if that was sarcasm or not.. I hope not.. Happy boating and I'll catch up with you sometime ... PS.. as you can see... having a sharp tongue.... or in my case a big mouth... can certainly get you into trouble... "devil makes work for idle minds".. and all that...
__________________
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2006, 15:04   #50
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Length: 6m +
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,015
No sarcasm, it was in the spirit of which this thead was started and hope will end
__________________

__________________
PeterR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.