Old 12 January 2003, 19:04   #61

Town: Blackpool
Boat name: To Exi
Make: new sib 4 man
Length: 8+ft
Engine: Mariner 4hp long shaft
Ok Narked I will asume by your last post you want Flanker back as you have no othere reason to want him banned than JK banned him for somthing you proberbly wouldnt of agreed with if you had read it,but you didnt as you had no computer at the time Yes.

So Narked wants Flanker Back ,Provisionaly? Yes

Old 12 January 2003, 19:06   #62

Town: Aberystwyth
Boat name: Undecided
Make: Undecided
Length: Undecided
Engine: Undecided
What he wants doesn't matter. What Pepper has been saying is that originally Flanker was banned for a bloody good reason. This also happened before you joined this forum, which will be why you don't share the same opinion as many other members of the forums here.

Overall, whether any of us want him banned or not doesn't matter, it's not our decision. It's John's, and I'm perfectly happy with whatever choice he makes.

Matt

Old 12 January 2003, 19:09   #63

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Slow down, guys, I can't type that fast!!!
Old 12 January 2003, 19:14   #64

Town: Hamble
Length: 9m +
Hey, here's a thought. Maybe Flanker and Narked are the same person. After all, look at the similarities.

1: one is ex forces, the other is soon to be.
2: they both DON'T own rib's.

Hmm, I smell a rat here.
Old 12 January 2003, 19:17   #65

Matt this thread is called dont ban Flanker and you have agreed that your computer wasnt working at the time so you cant comment on something you didnt read.

You have admitted that in you last post.So based on this then you have to admit that you dont personaly want Flanker banning?

And as pepper have - did I ever say I wanted him banned? Threfore you both dont want Flanker Banning?

Thats good news for Flanker, and your both saying that you will run with JK final decision or do you feel so strongly about this that you would go against the big man himself ?
Old 12 January 2003, 19:17   #66

I can assure you, we are not the same person. There are people here who know this for a fact. However, if you choose not to believe it, so be it, it's your choice.

Matt
Old 12 January 2003, 19:17   #67

It's not my battle, and I've learnt that people are big enough and ugly enough to fight their own battles. As Matt has said, this is a 100% dictatorship. I'm happy with that, as it happens, and the ban is an issue between JK and Flanker. I know that there are many and varied opinions over whether people would like to see more posts from Flanker, and I do in fact err towards the "would like to see" because I've had a few giggles, and understand that it's only words. Unfortunately some people who I regard as friends have become offended by his posts, and natrually I feel a great deal of loyalty to them. Yes - people who are starting out in this past-time deserve lots os support. I've recieved lots, and have been similarly prepared to (and have) passed this on to people like Flanker. But when he directly insults/annoys/winds up the people who originally helped me it leaved an unpleasant taste. Yeah, I'm contrary, but nothing's black and white. When all's said and done, Flanker needs to appease JK - he's head honcho here, and more experienced in both RIBs and running forums than I'll ever be.
Old 12 January 2003, 19:18   #68

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirk Diggler
Hmm, I smell a rat here.
- "Who smelt it dealt it!"
Old 12 January 2003, 19:23   #69

Flanker is a good family man and I am not sure what post you are refering to with regardes Familys and ribs,he is saftey concious to the extreme,as most who just start out.

So we all in a greement then lets not ban Flanker.
Old 12 January 2003, 19:23   #70

Crazyhorse, I honestly don't care either way. I can cope well enough with or without Flanker's posts. Yes, some of them are amusing, some are somewhat annoying, so they balance, hence I am happy with JK's decisions. If I fealt he had no reason to ban him, I would say "John, for crying out loud unban him!". If I fealt he really should be banned, I'd say "John, for crying out loud don't ever let that idiot back!". As it stands, I'm sat on the fence.

Dirk, so what, I don't OWN a RIB. I use them plenty though. If I could afford to buy and run a RIB, I would have one, but as it happens, there aren't many students my age who can get the funds to do so. So instead I have to make do with getting as much use of the dive club's RIB as possible, and that has at least given me some experience.

Matt